dVH/RALH a few questions ladies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

a few questions ladies a few questions ladies

Unread 09-22-2013, 08:05 AM
a few questions ladies

1) anyone else who had/has vaginal cuff pain 5 weeks out?
2)brownish yellow discharge(no blood)
3) what were your post op appts? Ive been to 1 and that was at my 2 week mark and was told..... you look great see ya in 6 months!!! I dont know if there was confusion and she meant 6 weeks but I dont wanna seem crazy LOL ive had cuff pain and incision were camera and gas tube hurts and is slightly opening so will be calling monday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Re: a few questions ladies

I still have interment cuff pain. I'm almost 8 weeks, no sex yet. At 5 weeks I definitely felt more pain/discomfort in my cuff area. As for the spotting, the yellow brown could be your stitches healing or it could be some type of vag infection. Going in to see your doc would be best. I've been to see my doctor every 2 weeks since surgery. I did have some post op complications, but my visits were set up in advance. Since you have questions and some discomfort issues I would call and definitely get an appointment to be examined. Happy healing!
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:57 AM

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2013, 12:45 PM

Hi LindsayMarie! I'm happy to "see" you on here today! Yes, I'm having some discomfort in the cuff and the camera incision as well. I saw my doc on Friday for my last post-op and I asked him about this as well as the discharge. He said all of it was the normal part of the healing process. The discomfort was from the nerves starting to fire back up. The discharge he said was normal as long as it looked brownish and did not get heavy. Since you only had the one appointment so far, you might want to see if you can schedule another one soon. I hope everything else is going well!
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:18 PM

Thanks Keep Smiling! How are you doing?
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:44 PM

I had discomfort/pain at cuff for probably 12 weeks. I still get pain there occasionally. I had the brownish/yellowish/orangish discharge too. If it's heavy, smelly, or comes with increased pain you should call your doctor.
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Thank You sometimes discharge comes on heavier than other daya ugh I'm still buying pads lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register