Had Pre Op appt today...6 days to go...nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had Pre Op appt today...6 days to go...nervous Had Pre Op appt today...6 days to go...nervous

Unread 02-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Had Pre Op appt today...6 days to go...nervous

Well, I had my pre op appt with my OB/GYN...after all I've read, it seems like I might be making it all so much worse in my mind. He thinks I'll only be in the hospital 2 to 3 days. He may even do stitches instead of staples so that I won't have to go back to have the staples removed.

I'm having a TAH/BSO...he warned me that if I have abnormally heavy bleeding during surgery that he will leave my cervix instead of a transfusion.

I think I'm prepared...but not emotionally....as I've been in medication induced menopause since January I've been having the hot flashes, serious anger issues and body pain. I don't know.

With six days to go I feel like I can cry at just about anything. I am depressed and nervous. I'm so tired all the time....I'm spending a lot of time sleeping....any one else pre op, just feeling like freaking out?

Sending prayers out to all you other women both pre and post op....you've done a lot to help me through these preparation months.

I still have to clean my apartment....ugh...I have no freakin' energy....any volunteers? lol

MOODY and flashing hotlly for all!!!

Jennifer
:marble:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 01:31 AM

Aww yah I feel the same way, my pro-op for TAH is on Feb 28th, which also happens to be my b-day lol. Happy birthday me!! My surgery is scheduled for March 4th. I'm not having to deal with the medically induced menopause, but my pain is making me super irritable and snappy. My poor DH doesn't know what to think of me, and I have just tried to warn him that I might be worse post-op and to please be patient with me lol. And yes, it seem like sleeping is the only thing I can do that helps me not be nervous and anxious about the upcoming surgery. That and reading these forums hehe. I would volunteer to help you clean your apt as well, however I feel crappy too and haven't even started my own stuff haha. Wouldn't be much help im afraid! It appears that it's normal to be freaking out, so I've seen reading other's posts. Good luck with your surgery and hope you can find some time to relax!!!!
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:41 AM

Hi to both of you. It is very normal to be nervous. We have all gone through it and it really is true that you don't have to be. Believe me I almost cancelled surgery I was so nervous but didn't and here I am. Best wishes to both of you for a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 10:07 AM

Hello ladies, You will be fine.I too am nervous! I was schedueld to have an Ablation last spring but cancelled it because My oldest daighter got married and I changed jobs. WHAT A MISTAKE. Now, in the 8 months since my last ultra sound, I am bleeding 20 days a month. I am extremely anemic and my largest fibroid is twice the size it was. Now, it's surgery. My point is. don't make excuses to NOT get it done. You will be fine. We all will!

Hang in there & God Bless. I still have 4 1/2 weeks of waiting I am beating myself up for not doing something alst year. I am anxious to hear form you after it's done. Keep us posted

LAVH with The sling procedure for my bladder
3-25-08
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:14 AM

I agree the waiting is hard. I have my pre-op on 3/17 and surgery 3/18. Fear of the unknown is always hard. I have never had surgery before and have been reading everything on this website to get up to speed. My father is a physician so he has helped, but this website is Great! I even went to or-live.com to watch what my surgery would be like (LSH - keep ovaries and cervix) just to prep myself. Good luck and I will be looking for your post-op thoughts.
Unread 03-01-2008, 08:28 AM

My trip to the castle is scheduled for March 3, and I have been in freak out mode for the past 2 weeks. I am a bit obsessive compulsive and have made lists for EVERYTHING!! I know that I am driving my poor DH up a wall. God bless him for being so patient with me.
I think it's pretty normal to be nervous....no matter which procedure is used, this is major surgery.
I, too, still have the house to clean, laundry to do, etc. before the weekend is up and am really too tired to even think about it.
My DD and I have plans this afternoon to go get a mani/pedi and spend some time relaxing together.
We will all get through this....and imagine how much better we are going to feel in 4 to 5 weeks

TAH 3-3-08 - Adenomyosis
Unread 03-01-2008, 09:34 AM

Hang in there ladies!!!!! You will do GREAT!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register