3 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 09-19-2016, 03:19 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy

So it's been 3 weeks. I'm doing ok, still slow and resting a lot. I feel like I'm permanently exhausted because I don't sleep well. The pain is still here, but it's more located around my incision. Hot flashes have been horrible, but thank goodness my mood swings are tolerable! If something needs to be done, and I know I can't do it, it waits until my guys get home. I guess part of me thought I would bounce right back from this, then I think to myself " duh, you just had major surgery " . Here's hoping all my sisters recover well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op

and welcome to Week 3, the week we all regard with fondness . I remember feeling ready to return to some normalcy and then being hit with fatigue, swelling, anxiety. A coworker gave me a heads up about the "fatigue wall" and boy, she wasn't kidding! There is no bouncing back from this, not like a tooth extraction or stomach bug. Definitely slower and more measured.

As for the hot flashes, insomnia and mood swings, keep a journal to share with your doctor. Perhaps HRT or alternatives like soy foods might help.

Unread 09-19-2016, 06:39 PM

Thanks Cussette! I'm lucky in that I'm medically retired from my job, so I don't have to worry about work. It's tough enough that I care for my widowed mother! And that's a whole other deal.sigh. This fatigue is wiping me out! I'm pretty good during the day, but come evening I'm done for. Thank goodness for this site and all the sisters. You all are amazingly amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2016, 02:31 AM

(((Peaches1124)))

Thank you for sharing a 3 week update!

Please use the dedicated recovery progress reports thread for your surgery week (in the Post-Op Sub-Forum) to share updates about your recovery.

However, if you have a specific question about your recovery, then please start a new thread here in the Main Post-Op Support Forum where sisters at all stages of recovery, and beyond, can share their experiences.

We're sending best wishes and positive thoughts as you continue to heal!

Unread 09-20-2016, 06:45 AM

Started my 3 week post op also! Hot flashes.... Enough said!

Still trying to take it easy and I'm exhausted from taking it easy! LOL
Take it easy! We got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches1124 View Post
So it's been 3 weeks. I'm doing ok, still slow and resting a lot. I feel like I'm permanently exhausted because I don't sleep well. The pain is still here, but it's more located around my incision. Hot flashes have been horrible, but thank goodness my mood swings are tolerable! If something needs to be done, and I know I can't do it, it waits until my guys get home. I guess part of me thought I would bounce right back from this, then I think to myself " duh, you just had major surgery " . Here's hoping all my sisters recover well!
Unread 09-20-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmfeller View Post
Started my 3 week post op also! Hot flashes.... Enough said!

Still trying to take it easy and I'm exhausted from taking it easy! LOL
Take it easy! We got this!

Hi week 3 for many can still feel like youre not making progress.. Recovery takes time. Fatigue is your body healing from syrgery. Also reduced esgrogen contributes to fatigue. It may be for a few weeks, it may be the new normal. Talk to your Dr about your dymp8roms.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register