New topic to me..questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New topic to me..questions New topic to me..questions

Unread 03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
New topic to me..questions

Hi guys i recently joined and have been reading..this is my first post so be patient with me..i have questions and not too much information. Some backgrond..44yrs old 3 c-sections the last was 10 yrs ago with a tubal ligation. For the past year or so i have been having very heavy bleeding each period. im not a huge fan of going to my gyno so i stall my visits until the 2 yr mark..so i went 3 weeks ago because it was 2 yrs..anyway he has been telling me for years that my uterus is big and bulky, the terminology makes me so annoyed.. at the exam he said to me wow this thing keeps getting bigger and bigger, and he did a transvaginal sono in his office and pointed out to me that my uterus is so big it doesnt fit on his screen..so he gave me a script to have one done..so 2 weeeks ago, i went to have a transvaginal and pelvic sono done..i was told by my doc that mu uterus measures something like 9x5x6 said nothing about fibroids and said the wall is thick..he told me that he is going mostly by eaxm and said it is very bulky,fibroids must be inside..also, told me that i have a cystic mass next to my ovary, (but have normal size ovaries )probably from recent ovulation..to have it repeated in 4 weeks..also, i should mention that i have been getting my period every 2-3 weeks i am anemic every month with hemoglobin levels at a 9 or 10. my blooding is so bad that i go thru 2 pads an hr..with lots of large clots and right after dropping 5-6o fthem, i just sit on the bowl and let blood pour out like a faucet...i feel like contractions and like a bad cramp right before all those clots..and i dont want to sound so graphic but i feel as tho something is opened up while im pouring out. i dont know how else to descibe it...Sorry, this lasts about 6-7 days than i will have black discharge for another 4 days..during this time i can barely leave my house,i have soaked thru clothes in stores in my car ..its horrible and incapacitating. i am a walker and cant walk any distance for those days, i need to put my feet up and sit down for awhile..than when i get up its horrific again..So, his suggestion is hysterectomy with leaving ovaries in if they look ok..I made an appt with a new doc for his opinion..Im sorry for the graphic details,but maybe you guys can help me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 12:08 AM

I had a vaginal US but my problem was multiple fibroids. My uterus wasn't that big (about 250 gms) but I had the same problem as you. I would have to wear a pad and a tampon together and would have to change after 1-2 hours. I also passed alot of clots. My hemoglobin was down to 8.8. I had really bad cramping during my "heavy" times. I couldn't be out of the house too long because of being afraid of soaking through my clothes.
I decided to have a TAH after all those problems but was able to keep my ovaries because they were fine. I felt it was a great decision for me.
I hope you can get a second opinion from your new doc and be able to make the best decision for your condition.
Take care.
Unread 03-08-2008, 07:12 AM

I would definately look into this. Maybe another doctor could give you a better idea of what is going on. Maybe there are alternatives to a hysterectomy but if not, I would do it.

When I had alot of fibroids I had some of your symptoms.

I would not wait 2 years!!
Best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 07:37 AM

oh no im not waiting 2 yrs..my appointments are in the next 2 weeks for sono and new doctor. Im not afraid of a hysterectomy i was .just looking for other opinions..since i cant say i have endo or the other uterine issue adeymous (sp). Does anyone know if it is possible to have the fibroids that he is saying is causing my uterus to be bulky and NOT see them on a sono? that is my most important question..otherwise what is this large uterus made up of..is it from the 3 c-sections i had? can that be part of it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register