Scheduled TAH Starting to really hit home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting to really hit home Starting to really hit home

Unread 10-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Starting to really hit home

I am one day away from my two week mark and starting to have a lot of things flood my mind, day and night! I have so many things I'm worried about, so many questions. I am worrying about everything. I am snapping at people, not meaning to, because I have so much on my mind. I am such a control freak that I worry about things falling apart. I wake up at night thinking about things I need to do or things that could happen while I am down. What can I do to ease my mind as my date gets closer???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Re: Starting to really hit home

chuston578
I am starting to feel the same way as my surgery is Oct 21, and I am a HUGE CONTROL FREAK! I am a stay at home wife and have never had to ask for help. But I finally broke down and my sister and sister-in-laws have all agreed to stop by and help with picking things up. Its hard I know but it was the only way to stop my worrying and staying up all night cleaning things. Hang in There!
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:40 AM

I have no family down here besides my husband and son, so I feel like I need to do everything that comes to the home. I work outside the home as well, and I am just not a sit by and let others do for me kind of person. I know in the back of my mind my husband can handle it, but then their are those fleeding thoughts of "I can't put all of this on his shoulders."....I wish I had family down here, but all of my family is 600 miles away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2011, 10:47 AM

My hysterectomy has been moved up from November 7th to October 27 and the reality is starting to sink in. Everytime I start to feel okay about all this, something inside of me starts to become weary. My husband is supportive and caring, but he's not going to be the one having his organs removed. He tells me to relax and have confidence in my doctor which i do, but than I tell myself it is okay to be a little uneasy. I putting this in the hands of God and relying on my faith to see me through.
Unread 10-12-2011, 03:57 PM

It is scary letting go of control. I am having the same issues. I do EVERYTHING at home. I am worried how things will go after surgery and I can tell I am going to be a basket case. lol We have to have faith that everything is going to go smoothly and turn out just fine. Its easier said than done.
Unread 10-12-2011, 06:12 PM

Right there with ya......bit of a control freak.....cooking like crazy....meals and meals in the freezer.....enough laundry detergent and shampoo/conditioner to get through 2012.....ugh......the things we do as women.......I am also scheduled for 10/28....am ready to get it over with!!!!
Unread 10-12-2011, 06:22 PM

Yay..I found a surgery buddy that is as much as a control freak as I am... Glad to know Im not alone ladies!
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:31 PM

I'm scheduled for 11/1 and so nervous already. I can only imagine how nervous I will be the day of. Luckily, we do have family nearby that are able to help us out for a few days. That said though, I still feel like I need to take the next two weeks and deep clean, stock up groceries, and make lists for everyone that is coming to help. My husband is pretty good about helping and doing what needs to be done without being asked but still, it's the control freak in me. I mean, afterall, I was told to plan on being in the hospital for 2-3 days, can the house really run without me for that long?
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:48 PM

Mine is scheduled 12/1.
I have a "coping" skill of just ignoring BIG things that are impending. Like my breast reduction, for example. I worry about it the DAY OF.....BUT, I am thinking that this skill is going to fail me. December seems like a little ways away yet, but I think that the couple weeks prior, I may be a mess. I pride myself in being easy going and mellow. There are a lot of things I can let go of, and be ok. BUT-all this that we all are doing and going thru is BIG! It isn't a new haircut or new curtains. It is a part of us that in a way has defined "female". And I am not saying that it is 100% who we are. But, some of us have grown our babies in them. It is a feminine trait and makes us special and separate from men (among other things!).
They are a part of us. It is a little sad to take it away.
So, I guess I am saying that I need to be real about my feelings AND encourage us all to be real with them. It isn't stupid or over reactive. It is a BIG choice. Maybe easier for some than others. But, honor the feelings......no matter what they are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register