Blood Loss | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-04-2002, 06:25 AM
Blood Loss

I have been read a few threads that talked about blood loss. I have to have my blood drawn every 6-8 weeks. I know approx what my blood values should be and I know that I am anemic with an RBC count of 2.0 last blood draw. I am taking a disease modifying drug that is a little like chemo and it also lowers my RBC count. My WBC is at 3.5. I don't see my counts going up any time soon. I wonder if I can still have the hyster? I am afraid of having blood given to me! Any comements would be great! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 08:10 AM
Blood Loss

Hi Shilo...I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems. I would discuss all of this with the doctor who will be doing your hysterectomy. H/she will not do anything that would compromise your health and well-being. So discuss it all very thouroughly and let us know what you find out.

s

Sherry
Unread 01-04-2002, 08:45 AM
Blood Loss

Hi...I agree with Miss Emma! The doctor should be aware of all your medical history and health issues, and will make these decisions with you. Please schedule an appointment to review all of this with the doctor who will be performing your surgery...don't wait and wonder.

You'll feel better armed with the right information for YOUR specific situations.

Let us know what you find out!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Blood Loss

Thanks Miss Emma & KarenL for a quick response. You are right. I have an appt with my on 01/21/02. This will be a new gyn for me as I just found out my regular gyn is no longer on my ins. But the good news is that I have a medical record at home with copies of all my lab and office notes since I was first diagnosed with sjogrens,lupus and rheumatoid arthritis (to top it off.) I worked in my office for a few years and I was able to get copies of my records except for my rheumatologist. I do not know much about this new dr but I have heard good things about him through the grapevine. I hope all goes well. Big s to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register