scheduled robotic radical hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scheduled robotic radical hysterectomy scheduled robotic radical hysterectomy

Unread 02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
scheduled robotic radical hysterectomy

Hello all. My head is spinning from how quickly this is all happening. I have been bleeding heavily for almost 2 months. My old doctor just felt it was hormonal since I have PCOS but I didn't agree and went for a second opinion. Within 1 week I had a D&C with biopsy and was diagnosed with endometrial cancer stage 1. Im 31 years old and am told they need to remove everything and that I would not be able to take hormones due to my cancer being hormone fed so I will go straight into menopause. Well my surgery is Tuesday. Im terrified to say the least. Does anyone have any advice about the robotic surgery? Is it as easy as they make it sound? And are there non-hormonal treatments to help with menopause?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Re: scheduled robotic radical hysterectomy

I don't know much about your specific situation because I had abdominal no cancer, but thank God they caught it, and there are many in here who are in the same boat o walk you through ths!
The god thing about having surgery so soon is less time to get anxious/stress. I had 4 days to plan. You do what you can to prepare and the rest will fall into p,ace. Lean on family and friends, they really DO want to help!!
Unread 02-02-2013, 07:02 AM

I am 9 days post robotic surgery. I am doing 1000 times better than I myself anticipated. I had had prior surgeries for endo. and an ovary removed , and had been trying to avoid a hysterectomy for 5+ years. Endo ended up doing things to my uterus and various other inside parts and could not avoid a hysterectomy any longer. It took years to wrap my thoughts around the inevitable surgery- and you are dealing with it in days! I have 4 small incisions- and was walking laps in the hallway the day after surgery. I found myself sleeping in the hospital frequently on my sides/stomach- quite surprising. Home the next day. I was off pain meds day 3... Have had some headaches, but so far so good. I was very, very nervous prior to surgery. Ask a lot of questions prior, keep asking until your comfortable with the answers, and remember everyone's recovery is different. The woman I shared a room with had an awful time post op and I was feeling guilty I was doing so well- (she didn't have robotic)... Doctor told me I could return to work in 3 weeks- ( people with a less active job he said 2 weeks) I scheduled 1 extra just to be sure... Yes There are non hormonal supplements you can take- your dr can direct you there...
Good luck, and I hope you have an easy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2013, 07:26 AM

There are some excellent articles and threads dealing with managing menopause without HRT. Just look at the top of this page under the Hyster Sisters Logo, there's a bar of topics there. Just click on menopause and there are several links and lots of things to read to give you some good information.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register