LAVH 6 weeks post hysterectomy (MAY 2014): darn that cuff!! (UPDATED JULY) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post hysterectomy (MAY 2014): darn that cuff!!  (UPDATED JULY) 6 weeks post hysterectomy (MAY 2014): darn that cuff!! (UPDATED JULY)

Unread 05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
6 weeks post hysterectomy (MAY 2014): darn that cuff!! (UPDATED JULY)

Ok, 6 weeks tomorrow and feeling good, except the cuff. It pinches and sometimes burning sensation, continuously. Trust me, i have evidence to back that up. And the worse the pinching and burning are, the cramping increases. Doc says suture is still intact. He could see it (one long line). But he says the cuff cannot possibly be sore still! Im thinking foreign object (suture) in very traumatized, tender, sensitive area at 6 weeks could, and i see lots of posts that would agree. Doc is so sure it cant possibly be, he wanted me back to GI doc immediately to check it!! I was cleared by GI just before hysterectomy. So please, if anybody else out there knows the feeling, please say so!! I am pushing to give this a little more time to see if it gets better, it already shifts from left side of cuff to right sometimes. Thanks for the support!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Re: darn that cuff!! anyone else??

I was 5 weeks as of Monday. On Saturday and Sunday I had a lot of pinching/pulling exactly where the vaginal cuff should be. I also had some spotting and a bit of yellow discharge. The pain was so bad I took narcotics again for the first time in awhile.

I put a call into my doctor who said that the pain was most likely stitches dissolving and wa-la... I passed a stitch today.

Hope that helps
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:37 PM

i'm only 10 days PO from my LAVH but the constant burning and pulling at the vaginal cuff is horridly irritating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2014, 05:51 PM

Kristenk726 yes it is!! Mine has been pinching and burning constantly for 2 1/2 weeks now, i can tell you be careful with it, but a carefully placed ice pack for just a couple minutes on outside (of course) of what my dtr calls girl stuff helps a lot. And thank you, OneBadSlide, i kinda thought my very young (and obviously inexperienced) doc was wrong!! I have a continuous suture so guessing it will have to completely dissolve for pain to stop, but i will be watching on pins and needles, almost literally!! Thanks ladies.
Unread 05-29-2014, 06:48 PM

6 weeks this Monday and mine is still bugging me. So is my bikini cut when I do too much. Sigh. I go in for my 6 week tomorrow.
Unread 05-29-2014, 06:57 PM

Im sorry its bugging you, but relieved to know im not alone!! Thank you.
Unread 05-30-2014, 03:19 AM

Are you much more active? I find that after sailing in the car mine will be sore for a couple of days or if I sit upright on a hard chair I will know about it. On the other hand if I recline whilst sitting it really eases. I've had pain in that area after all my laps and put it done to nerves regenerating but it will pass. The more you rest the quicker it will pass in my opinion.
Unread 05-30-2014, 03:34 AM
6 weeks post hysterectomy (MAY 2014): darn that cuff!! (UPDATED JULY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz View Post
Are you much more active? I find that after sailing in the car mine will be sore for a couple of days or if I sit upright on a hard chair I will know about it. On the other hand if I recline whilst sitting it really eases. I've had pain in that area after all my laps and put it done to nerves regenerating but it will pass. The more you rest the quicker it will pass in my opinion.
I definitely can relate to driving & pain/pulling/burning. And maybe it does have something to do with my activity level. It progressively gets worse throughout the day & I usually ice it at night because its the only thing that helps at this point. Doing less when I'm already not doing very much doesnt sound like much fun. BUT I will try to relax more. Thanks For all the advice.
Unread 05-30-2014, 05:35 AM

Unfortunately my 6 weeks are up today and the doc cleared me in front of my husband, so rest time is over. I drive and walk, a lot,for my job and while my boss is trying to lighten my load, we are very busy and its vacation time so people are out. He is nervous of intimacy, and i havent pushed it just yet. After reading all your posts, along with my gut feeling cuff is what this is, kinda confirms my suspicion the dr is nuts to say theres no way thats what it is. Gonna give it some time (6 weeks seems forever, but in terms of nerve healing its nothing), then seek a second opinion.
Unread 05-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Re: 6 weeks post hysterectomy: darn that cuff!! anyone else??

I agree the cuff pain/ pulling sucks. I would be feeling much better if that wasn't happening.

Doc said things are looking good a week ago. I have not passed any stitches yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register