lady in waiting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lady in waiting lady in waiting

Unread 05-02-2001, 02:03 PM
lady in waiting

just found this site and reading these forums has just been so helpfull, i am to have my tah on may 24th and am sacared to death. my emotions have been so up and down and no one understands. any kind word would be greatful at this time as i just feel lost out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2001, 02:24 PM
lady in waiting

Becky...
It's perfectly normal to have fear about surgery....especially one that can so dramatically change your life (for the better)! I had my TAH on April 9, 2001 and am feeling a bazillion percent better than before surgery. I knew my life could not continue with the daily pain and "female problems," but I never understood until it was all "out" just how much those old pieces & parts were negatively affecting my daily life.

It's natural that we should regret having to have any surgical procedure, but aren't we lucky that we no longer have to be relegated to "Hey, it's a woman's lot in life" type of mentality?? We are truly blessed, aren't we?

These last couple of weeks before your surgery will be an opportunity for you to make any changes in your furniture arrangement (maybe move that recliner over so you can see the TV a lot better??), stock up on favorite foods & snacks, buy a few pair of loose-fitting pants, jammies & panties, and make lists of "to do" stuff for your family and/or friends so that they can help in your recovery.

If you're going to be taking off from work, you have an opportunity to "train" your coworkers and boss (I hope) and get it across to them that it is a 6-8 week recovery and that doesn't mean "working at home!"

If anxiety is gnawing at you, please don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call your OB/GYN. He or she can prescribe anti-anxiety meds between now & surgery date and they really can help if you need them. You do not get extra points (or extra jewels in your crown!) for torturing yourself!

Please come join us in pre-op chat any day, 7 days a week......there are moderators (HSChatTeam members like me) there every night between 8-10 Central Time (6-8 p.m. Pacific) and weekdays (M-F) 11a.m.-1 p.m. Central Time too. The chat room is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you do not need to have a moderator in the room to chat!

I hope you will visit the boards and get lots of information and support for your Journey.....there are lots of ladies here to help provide any support you might need along the way!

Hang in there, and take care!
HysterHugs
Margie
Unread 05-02-2001, 02:38 PM
lady in waiting

Poor Baby! I understand and so does everyone else on this site. We are all at diferent stages but have all either walked in your shoes or are in them right now. My date is May 4th and the last few days I have episodes of fear but talking here to my sisters has helped and I talked to my doctor today to get all my last minute questions answered. He was so patient and kind that I felt much more relaxed afterwards. I have put my house in order....laundry,cleaned stove, refrig, and closet. I also bought myself some romance novels,lotion from Bath and Body Works, pillows,new sheets(pretty-pretty flowers) and have put them ready for me to get when I get home from the castle. I think that keeping busy as you feel like you are able really helps. Hang in there! We are here for you. Phyllis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2001, 02:44 PM
lady in waiting

thank margie and phyllis for your kind words today. the closer this surgery gets the more nervous i get. i was to have this two yrs ago and just kept putting it off until it got the best of me. missed alot of work and am now off until end of july, horemones to umbalanced, bleeding to to much. tired all the time. again thanks for the kind word today, i can see everyone here is so kind. if only men could understand!!!!!!!lol.
Unread 05-02-2001, 04:57 PM
lady in waiting

Hi Because,
Just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat as you are now. Mine is scheduled for June 25. Went to the hospital today for a tour and it helped. Put me a little more at ease to see where I would check in, etc. If you need a few words of encouragement, feel free to email me. Take care, Jean
Unread 05-02-2001, 05:44 PM
lady in waiting

I am scheduled for May 25, and am feeling the same as you. I find that just reading the posts here from other sisters, and also on the post-op board is helpful and reassuring. I'll keep a good thought for you.
Unread 05-02-2001, 06:27 PM
lady in waiting

Hi, I am scheduled May21st and I am feeling the same way. I am scared to death about the recovery. This site had definately helped me get through.
Unread 05-02-2001, 07:15 PM
lady in waiting

Becky Hello and welcome to hystersisters. Glad you found us!!! This is a GREAT group of women...sharing, caring and offering encouragement to each other. We'll be with you every step of the way.

Read the pull downs...use the search engine at the top...you can search by keyword OR username..and visit the chat room.

Pre-op is very emotional..and scary...but get prepared...make your lists of things to buy...questions to ask your dr......information and advance preparation will make your hyst. journey easier.

Once you have your surgery...hop over to the post op section for support.
Unread 05-02-2001, 07:15 PM
lady in waiting

Men never will understand, but they can try! If it was them-we probably wouldn't understand either-or be compassionate or try too hard cause we would be the ones with the testosterone! hahaha
Oh well-You have us from now on! And I thank God every day I have found this site-it is the best thing that ever happened to me! I hope you love it too!
These women have been through it all and as we go through it-they will be there-supporting us all the way. How wonderful it is to be a part of it!
Hang in there! Sometimes it is better than our nerves let us see. And sometimes we just need to get it all out. Will pray for you and your significant other!
Mine tries but he just can't get it completely. Oh well. We'll hang together!
Peanut

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register