It's just around the corner! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's just around the corner! It's just around the corner!

Unread 05-05-2006, 04:47 AM
It's just around the corner!

Oh, my nail-biting-b'gosh; preparation for surgery is the day after tomorrow!!! When seeing the well wishes for the May 7 sisters, it just reiterated how quickly the 8th will be here. My Mom's here, and we're enjoying a trip together before the big prep day. She's been reading the folder of information I've gathered regarding the three surgeries I'm having. It's helped her formulate the questions she had. I'm organized and ready for my trip to the castle and trying to focus on everything but surgery. The reality that I'll be in surgery for nearly eight hours is setting in, and when I get too caught up in my thoughts, I visit this site--for which I am truly grateful!!!

Well, those are my ramblings for this morning. A good day to everyone!

Maxine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 04:56 AM

Good Luck Maxine!! Be sure to tell us how things go. I'm expecially interested in hearing how the tummy tuck goes!
Lori
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:39 AM

good luck maxine i wish you well

jenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 06:39 AM

Good luck for a quick surgery (ha 8 HOURS!!!) and a smooth recovery
Unread 05-05-2006, 06:55 AM

Hey Maxine,
I'm with you....my surgery is the day after yours. Nerves are surely getting the best of me. I've noticed though that the closer it gets & the more nervous I become - the worse I feel. It's like all of the symptoms I've had over the past 2 years have been multiplied & some new ones added on. Not sure if it's because of my nerves, or if there's more going on. Aunt Flo has been trying to come for 2 weeks now, but no sign of her yet. I fear that Tuesday morning - there she'll be. I'm trying to stay as busy as I can. Even now...everything wears me out mentally & physically. I'm sure it's due to the nerves. Our minds are powerful weapons & can dictate how we feel. Good luck to you & hope to see you on the other side!!
Unread 05-05-2006, 08:16 AM

OH Take care!!!

I'm not too far behind you.
Unread 05-05-2006, 02:16 PM

Good luck Maxine! Could your surgeon phone my surgeon and get them to do a tummy tuck for me too?! We share an op date..I'll be thinking of you
Unread 05-05-2006, 04:46 PM

My surgery is on the 8th also and I'm starting to get a little jittery over it. :confuse: I've managed to handle it pretty well except for last Saturday when for some reason my emotions let loose. I've kept pretty busy between work and getting things ready that I'm trying not to think about it. But the time is ticking down. Aunti Flo showed up last Wednesday and she has been terrible since. It's kind of weird because I had just read several posts that said the same thing. Women whose surgeries were a few days away had her show up also. I just hope I stop or at least slow down by Monday.

I went to lunch with my mother today because we won't get to do much together for awhile. I think I've got everything together for the hospital and pretty much got my room ready at home for when I come back. I still have a few things to do but I'm trying hard to get it done so I won't have to do anything on Sunday but relax. But something always pops up at the last moment. Best of luck on your surgery and hope everything goes smoothly.
Unread 05-05-2006, 06:07 PM

Everyone is so sweet!!! Thank you!!!

Playin'/Lori ~ When it's all said and done, the TT scars will be the only original incisions from Monday's surgeries that will remain. The PS called me tonight to schedule the marking of my abdomen for Sunday afternoon. It still amazes me that he personally calls me. I've heard from several people just how meticulous he is. I'm appreciative of that and look forward to seeing his work--up close and personal. LOL! I'll be certain to let you know how it goes.

Leapyear4/SueZQ ~ I'm thinking the symptoms feel more intense because we're tuned into our bodies. Even if that bitty Aunt Flo decides to show, her visit will be limited because her room in the house is being removed. HA! YEAH!!! Best wishes to you, sister! Send that bitty packing!!! LOL!

MMBB02/Missy Moo ~ Hope your surgery goes well. See you on the other side!

Brisa.uk ~ Gosh, Brisa, I wish it worked that way. During the visit with my GYN when she told me we'd be heading for surgery, I asked her if she'd mind my seeking consult for a TT. Not only was she agreeable to that, but she also sent me to a urologist she works with so I can get this bladder repaired. I'm VERY pleased with the team that will be working together Monday to 1) repair my bladder, 2) remove my reprductive plumbing, and 3) remove this excess skin. I feel I earned this TT from having lost nearly 200 pounds! It's my gift to the new me! Hope your surgery goes well!!!

ChaCha ~ It's major surgery, and I liken it to the closing of one chapter in my life and the beginning of a new one. My last cycle ended about a week ago, and it was intense. The cramping brought tears to my eyes. Those tears soon turned to a sense of relief knowing this monthly misery would soon be a thing of the past. Best wishes to you on Monday. See you on the other side, sister!

A speedy recovery, everyone!!!

Maxine
Unread 05-06-2006, 06:37 AM

Maxine, you've lost 200 pounds?! You absolute star! :for you:
You'll be a new woman!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register