A year later... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A year later... A year later...

Unread 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
A year later...

Hello Sisters...I joined this site almost a year ago..my gyno said i needed a hysterectomy amd wanted to us the Divinci Robotic...I never did have the surgery because at the time i didnt have insurance..i have lived a year with the excessive bleeding, some abdominal pain and even got new symptoms like bladder issues when i have to pee i better go cause i just cant hold it in..(tmi)...anyways i have 2 fibroids and a polyp...i finally got insurance through my job and i called my gyno to recheck me out to see if i still need the surgery....my appointment is on Jan.22nd...I'm nervous but cant take the bleeding anymore...any advice or calming words will help...my bladder issues worry me ..is this normal with fibroids and polyps...sorry so long..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Re: A year later...

Everything is probably pushing on your bladder so yes quite normal.. I had the same thing.
I had insurance but my co pay was so high .. I never had time .. Money .. Other excuses. I put it off for 5 years. I wish i had not let myself suffer that long. I just told the docs and hospital I will work out a payment plan and one week Post OP i know it was the right decision! Hang in there .. It will soon be over!!
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:29 PM

Just know once you have your surgery you will start to feel so so much better. The waiting time will be the hardest, it was for me as well as others. Never thank TMI on here, I have learned that nothing is to much. Everyone is here as we have been in your shoes and were given the support that you now need and we will give it to you. Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2013, 09:37 PM

Thank you both so much..I love this site and i'm so glad to know that my bladder issues are quite normal..I know i will probably need the surgery so i might as well face it and start preparing for it...any advice is helpful...
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:17 PM

I'm a month post op (DaVinci, kept ovaries, removed urerus and fallopian tubes)and have not had a single pee related complaint since my first post-op potty visit- No more sudden urgency, no more racing to the bathroom only to discover that I could only produce about 2 tablespoons, no more little leaks when I cough, sneeze or laugh... I never realized what bliss it is to take an uncomplicated tinkle!
My bowels are also better behaved than they've been in years.
....and, oh, yeah, no more cramps that leave me curled up in a semi-fetal ball, no more ruined undies, no more keeping a stash of supplies in my purse, glove box and every piece of luggage I own because my period had become so unpredictable that I could never be sure it wouldn't appear.

It's a decision that you have to make with your doctor- it IS major surgery and can't be entered into lightly but, for me, it's been a Godsend. I'm still recovering but from the morning after surgery, I felt better than I had in years.
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM

Thank you for the advice it is a Major Surgery and it will mot be taken lightly...I am ao ready for this to end my husband is going with me and i have my list of questions...My husband on the other hand said he has only 1 question..When is my wife gonna be ready....lol..men you gotta love em....1 more question has anyone had any issues with yeast infections that's another symptomn i'm having...
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM

{{{hugs}}} to you!
Glad to see relief is coming your way!
You will feel SO much better!

Two things that helped me after were stool softeners and a small pillow to hold to my belly for car rides as a passenger!

Best wishes to you on the 22nd!
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM

Thank you i will put put those in my notebook and add them to my list...i'm in pain as i write this but i know it will be over soon...now when i get a date for the surgery i will be one step closer to being free from all this bleeding and pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register