Adeno and questions about hysterectomy choices and recovery - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adeno and questions about hysterectomy choices and recovery Adeno and questions about hysterectomy choices and recovery

Unread 01-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Re: What hurt worse, abdomen or vagina ?

I think it depends on the woman, and it's very hard to compare. Each of us has only one hysterectomy (generally speaking); since I had an abdominal, I'll never have a vaginal and hence can't say which one is worse or takes more recovery.

I imagine there must be women here who have had abdominal entry for something -- c-sections, other surgeries? -- and who have also had a vaginal hyst and might be in a position to compare the two. I don't know, though.

For me, the abdominal surgery didn't seem unreasonably bad. I mean of course it hurt, but it hurt in ways that I found understandable considering what I had done, if that makes any sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2014, 10:40 AM

And I have never heard of anyone getting an episiotomy due to Hyst. I had two with my children because of their size. I am sure your Uterus isn't the size of a full term baby?
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Re: Did you use a heating pad after surgery ?

I went for a two pronged approach, a heated pad for my tummy (positioned well above the incision) and an ice pack wrapped in a towel for my undercarriage. Never did i think that part of my anatomy would benefit from an ice pack but it was pure bliss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2014, 11:03 AM

I had two I took with me to the hospital. One for my back and one for my belly. HEAVEN SENT!!
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:06 AM

One for each, I have two !

Thx so much,
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:26 AM

Love love love my hneating pad = ))
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:31 AM

I had a lavh, but my fibroid was very big and they did have to cut my vagina to get it through. It hasn't been painful down there it is just "heavy" feeling or uncomfortable. I can't feel any of that discomfort now.
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 christie View Post
I had a lavh, but my fibroid was very big and they did have to cut my vagina to get it through. It hasn't been painful down there it is just "heavy" feeling or uncomfortable. I can't feel any of that discomfort now.

Didn't even take Fibriods into consideration. I love this site, and the ladies that share here! I remember my episiotomy with my Son. Never felt it. It was just a bit itchy weeks after having him.
Unread 01-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Re: Episiotomy w/ Vag. Hyst

Never heard of it. Since I had a cancer diagnosis, my uterus had to come out whole so they could do multiple pathology tests. I was told that I was a good candidate for vaginal delivery because my uterus was relatively small. Don't forget, if the cervix is coming out too, no worry about dilation. Normal uterus is about the size of a pear

Addition: I just read your earlier post about how big your uterus is. If there's no question of cancer, they can break the uterus up before removing.
Unread 01-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Re: Episiotomy w/ Vag. Hyst

NO, I have never heard of a single woman who has had an episiotomy with a hysterctomy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register