20 days post hysterectomy - I'm having problems with walking | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

20 days post hysterectomy - I'm having problems with walking 20 days post hysterectomy - I'm having problems with walking

Unread 12-06-2016, 01:01 PM
20 days post hysterectomy - I'm having problems with walking

Hi ladies. I just want to start with this has been so helpful! I am 20 days post, laparoscopic cervix ovaries and tubes. I came back to work after 11 days not having vacation time to cover much more. I wanted to save some time in case I needed it. I know I can go into time without pay and not have my job in danger but that creates another worry. Most of my co-workers have been great helping out as much as possible. I have been having a lot of sharp pains in stomach I am seeing this is common. My question is if anyone else walking it feels like the muscles are being pulled like when I was pregnant I'm trying not to do a lot of walking but it is definitely a nine-month waddle pregnant walk by the end of the day. The last two to three days has been the worst and I have resorted to taking the pain pills again is anyone else having any of these products? Thank you in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Re: 20 days post I'm having problems with walking

It sure sounds to me like you need more down time of resting. During surgery we've had many blood vessels, nerves and ligaments severed all of which supported what we had removed. We have many internal sutures which need healing, and unlike our external incisions, none of it can be seen. So even though we get released by our doctors anywhere from 4-8 weeks, the healing continues.

It helps to understand healing. We tend to view healing as the scar tissue which first formed getting stronger over time, but that's not the case at all. Instead, earlier scar tissue gets replaced throughout healing by newer scar tissue, and the earlier stuff dissolves. That's when we're likely to feel twinges and zingers. It's also when we're more susceptible to stretching or rupturing something. We tend to feel things more (whether healing pains or swelly belly) as we resume daily activities, and our bodies will let us know if we pushing it. Daily activities won't make us heal faster and might slow things down.

I returned to my part-time desk job after 15 days at further reduced hours and it was more than I should've done, even though most of my job entails sitting at my computer. Knowing what I know now, I'd stay out another week. While everyone heals differently, my own personal experience is why I suggest women stay out for as long as their doctor suggests rather than try to return early.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register