Tired all the time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tired all the time Tired all the time

Unread 04-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Tired all the time

Hey, I am just wondering if any of you ladies were tired alot before your surgery. I seem to be tired all the time. and I have so much I want to get done so that I don't have to put my work load off on others. I know I will have to after the surgery. it just seems I get wiped out so easily. my DH is a wonderfull man when it comes to taking care of me when I need it . he should be this is going to be my 6th surgery in the 14yrs we have been together but he is not to big on the house cleaning part HA HA.most of them aren't are they LOL. anyway I am just wondering how you have over come this need to sleep all the time. Thanks for any advice you all can give me . I just love this sight I have found it so helpfull allready reading everyones storys and advice. Thanks alot for being there , Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Tired all the time

I am sorry to hear you arent feeling well. I was really tired before my surgery. I would try to get things done and wear out easily. Even 8 months post op I still feel tired. I figure with everything our bodies are going through it has to be normal.
Unread 04-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Tired all the time

I get very tired and my doc told me it was more likely because of all the things that are going on with my body. Hopefully after the surgery though I will feel so much better and my energy level will start to increase.

Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2005, 06:02 PM
fatigue winning

For me fatigue seems to be winning. I fall asleep early, sleep all night (most but not all) nights, wake early, run the house, need a morning nap, groggy all day, drag through a workout (also getting harder and less possible) feel better for about a half hour, get all swollen up, feel miserable, go to bed. Pain a problem. Noom
Unread 04-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Tired all the time

Wow! I thought I was the only one. I was beginning to think that I was going crazy. I have been SO tired this last week. It has been an effort to make it through the day. When I do sleep all I do is dream about my upcoming surgery 4/13. My first thought when I wake up is the surgery and the last thought of the day is the surgery. I can't seem to escape from the thoughts. I think this probably accounts for the fatigue or at least most of it. Everything I read tells me that I can expect to be tired after the surgery. I can't imagine being more tired than I already am now. Right now all I want is for it to be over!!!
Unread 04-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Tired all the time

Ladies dont forget that a certain amount of tiredness is good after surgery. So many times a woman will hurt herself when she gets a burst of energy. I think my tiredness after surgery is sleep related. I have problems sleeping at night. Take the full 6 weeks and rest. If you are still tired after that talk to your doctor and take it slow. Your body is going through a lot.

I wish each of you luck!!!!!
Unread 04-11-2005, 05:55 AM
tired before surgery

I think we're polling around to see if excess tiredness pre-op is normal. Noom
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:29 AM
tired too!

Like a lot of you I cannot explain why I feel tired all the time, particulaly through the bad times of the month. I could sleep my life away and still feel tired! Hopefully after op and recooperation I will feel full of life again and ready to take on the world!
Unread 04-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Tired all the time

Wow! I've been tired for months!!! I don't seem to have any energy - I've had to take naps almost everyday just to function - but then when I do nap I don't want to go to sleep at night. My body is tired but my mind isn't.
I'm not really worried about the surgery I've had several months to get prepared for it and I know that it's the best thing for me and my quality of life, I still think about it regularly especially everytime one of those sharp pains brings me to my knees! I start thinking - just a few more days!
I hope that I'm able to get some of my energy back after my recovery. I'm so tired of being tired!
Tammy
Unread 04-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Me too!

Hi Everyone
Yes me too-- isn't it so nice to post a topic here and find others who are going through the same thing!!
It lets us know we are not alone!!

For the better part of this last year I feel like I am just "stuck in mud" no energy at all... I am tired all the time.

If I try to overdo it one day boy do I pay for it the next day I am just wiped out to the point of being immobilzed.
And, I used to be a really active person--what happened??

Everyone keeps telling me the "after is bad"
But gotta tell ya-- the "before" aint too swift either--

-- I want the old me back again!!
I bet you do too!

Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register