TAH Holy hot flash!! and many other weird issues!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Holy hot flash!! and many other weird issues!! Holy hot flash!! and many other weird issues!!

Unread 09-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Holy hot flash!! and many other weird issues!!

Hi all!! Well I have been reading other's threads and can definitely say I relate to almost all of them!! Prayers and hugs to all!! I'm 4wks post op, and have begun to feel the hot flashes, blurry vision, frustration from a leaky vertical incision, and total alienation from my family!! Then, like the knucklehead I am, I 'mimicked' a maneuver in regards to bending forward for shaving, and wow! Twinge of pain from the vajj please tell me I did no permanent damage!! It went away, but it still feels weird or is it all in my head??!! This has been one crazy journey so far, and other than God and this website--I'm on my own. Got cranky with my mom and daughter (she's 24)...so no more help from them. Grudge holders in my family...please tell me this will pass and what can I do to get through all this!! I have to see a wound clinic for the incision, my bills are piling up, I just want to run away!! Or put on my music and dance, which I did the other day, and paid dearly for that with low back pain for over an hour!! I take my ibuprofren 800 and valium 10mg and of course the colace but I just feel like a fool. There are so many women here going thru worse, why can't I just behave?! Thanks for letting me vent....to be continued....xoxo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Re: Holy hot flash!! and many other weird issues!!

Sounds like you're being pressured to recover on another's time table.

Yeah... don't do that.

Stay in your pajamas. They're a message to others about how you're feeling. Many of us have found that as soon as you started wearing day clothes the help vanished.

Make sure you're eating healthy foods, taking your vitamins and moving around every day. If you're doing everything in your power to help your body heal then you're doing everything you can.
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:20 PM

Chelli73. I can relate to the hot flashes.WHEWWW Is it hot in here or is that my hyser talking to me LOL.I've night sweats too. I have had little help from family mostly my dear sweet Mama;who went thru a Hyster in 1995 when they still cut ya from one end to the other. She was amazed at how quickly I was up in the hospital.My DH has been great but after a week off from work he had to go back to 12 hrs and swing shifts,hard stuff. So I just can't ask him to do alot around the house. Mom has come to help alot,drive me places (B4 I was ok'd to drive) do some housecleaning. However my DH family have pretty much ignored me. My MIL called me one time to ask how I was (She lives next door to us) and 1 sister in law of 2 sent me a Facebook msg to ask if she could help.I ignored her msg!! LOLThey are all pretty much useless and callous . I have gotten more support from co-workers and this site.YOU GIRLS ROCK!!!!!! I have been healing well and resting when my body tells me and I sleep late and go to bed early and if some family members don't like it they can kiss my..... censored....... Love and healing to all my sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2012, 09:39 PM

Irmctexas--you hit the nail on the head!! From my job (rn) that gives me paperwork up the wazoo re fmla, to my own family who really are wrapped up in their own lives...but out of 10 close family members only abt 3 of them work!!! What else is so time consuming?! Soap operas?! Lmao! @Bumpy41--you had me LOL, yes I totally agree and have gotten such similiar treatment!! Just yesterday, my son (works also in health care) sent his gf with some sterile 2x2 gauzes, well she opened my screen window and threw them in--because I didn't answer the door!! Really?! Not even in a bag??!! Oh my dears I am reaching my wits end over here!! Thank God Almighty for this site or idk honestly if I would have survived this far...I spend 24hrs a day all alone. Not thinking fmla--thinking fml...:-(
Unread 09-18-2012, 04:05 AM

I totaly understand .My work is happy to flood me with all sorts of paperwork for Short term. They still have not approved my bowel prep day.Saying it was not medically needed to be off. REALLY .I'm thinkin' lady have you done a bowel prep b4?? I agree with everyone here ( most has made same comment >) If it were not for this website I would be a full fledged nut bag deluxe. LOL.
Unread 09-24-2012, 04:32 PM

Hi!
I was in hot flash hell for the first 3 weeks after my bso/tah. It was so bad at the hospital they gave me ice packs because they couldn't make the room any cooler. Then, after telling all of my coworkers that I was not available for at least a week via email, my boss was texting me the next day about client issues. Really? Really!? Ugh...He did apolagize when I went to see him about returning to work.
Heal on your own schedule. You may find that you wake up one day and don't quite need to put the belly band on right away, or you'll wait on the motrin. And remember, that if you do something too soon and it hurts, stop and find the heating pad...and tell your DH/SO to back off!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register