frustrated with surgery date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

frustrated with surgery date frustrated with surgery date

Unread 10-27-2003, 08:15 PM
frustrated with surgery date

I was told my date would be mid. to end nov. I called today to see if they had a date and oh were they nasty. It seems since there are 2 doctors who are doing my surgery ( I am having LSH and my doc doesn't do it but will be working with someone who does) that it may take quite a while to book me. I have my job asking when is the surgery so they can replace me, but my doc's office didn't seem to care. I just wish I knew when so I could schedule things. I am finding out that I am a bit of a control freak and this is something that I can't control. Pray for patience. Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi,

I am sorry you have to wait for a date for your surgery. I know exactly what you mean about having it all lined up and want to know when and what is going on. We all want to make plans and get things rolling.

I will be thinking of you and hope things get set up soon.

Let us know when you hear something.

s
Unread 10-27-2003, 08:54 PM

I too am a control freak and not very patient. The constant WAITING is the hard part! (i.e.: waiting for the doc to call with the date, then waiting for his office to do the insurance stuff, and last but not least...waiting for the surgery date)! We have little if any control over the actions of others. I like to think I am organized, and organization involves PLANNING. It's hard to solidify your plans when there are unanswered questions. (You get the picture...) When you are waiting on the actions of others, it's tough for those of us who don't have the patience of Job and want things done NOW.

All I can suggest, is to try to stay as busy as possible, and set specific dates/timeframes to follow-up when you're still waiting for info. The time does actually go faster than you'd expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2003, 08:55 PM

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, just call the DR's office everyday asking for a date, and they'll get you oiled with one right quick I imagine.
Unread 10-27-2003, 09:20 PM

Terri,
I had the same problem. My doc doesn't do LSH by herself so we had to wait for an opening in one of the two docs schedule that specializes in it so they could assist her. I had to wait a little over a week for my date and then it was another 7 weeks away. The practice I go to is scheduling LSHs well into January right now. Apparantly I was lucky. LSHs are hard to get cuz so few docs are trained.
I know it's hard, BELIEVE ME....But try to be patient and consider yourself fortunate to be a candidate for this procedure and having the docs available that can do it. Once I realized what kind of procedure I was scheduled for (I was in shock and in a haze for the first few weeks) and started talking to other LSHrs, I realized how incredibly fortunate I am. Maybe the wait was to bring me around to this point in my life where something so terrible could have such a blessing attached to it.
Hang in there, we'll get throught this.

peg
Unread 10-28-2003, 05:51 AM

Thanks for the comments. The office girl just kinda make me mad, she talked to me like I had no right to know when my date is, like I was bugging her. She made me feel stupid for asking but I cannot be the only one that has called them to ask for their date before they called with it. She said we will call you the minute we have so in other words stop calling us. My husband says its cuz I can't take no for an answer and maybe he is right. It is just with the Holidays coming up having the date would really help my plan everthing out. I am going ahead with finishing up Christmas shopping and wrapping just to have it done and if I can't decorate then my family will just have to do it without me. It is just that no one does it as good as me, ya know what I mean.
ha ha Terri
Unread 10-28-2003, 06:19 AM

Terri, I know how you feel! Once I make a decision to do something, I want to get on with it NOW! Which is why I'm trying not to chew the furniture while waiting to hear about my surgery date, here in the land of cutbacks. There's nothing I can do about it either, but I can tell myself that my turn will come when it comes a million times a day, and it still does me no good!

I have been bugging the people I'm dealing with, too, and I get the same answer - we'll call you when we know, so stop calling us. It's a maddening part of the process, and as far as I can tell, completely unavoidable. It never hurts to let them know you are still out there, though. Let's hope we both get our dates soon! In the meanwhile, hang in there!

blessings

Orin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register