Nearly 3 weeks post hysterectomy: deep vein thrombosis concerns despite getting the all clear | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nearly 3 weeks post hysterectomy: deep vein thrombosis concerns despite getting the all clear Nearly 3 weeks post hysterectomy: deep vein thrombosis concerns despite getting the all clear

Unread 12-16-2014, 04:56 AM
Nearly 3 weeks post hysterectomy: deep vein thrombosis concerns despite getting the all clear

Hi I am paranoid about dvt. Have been to the doc three times and had a ultrasound a week and half ago. And keep getting the all clear but I still have small cramps in my leg and creepy Crawly type feelings at night. Has anyone else felt this. Im nearly 3 weeks from my operation. And am pretty mobile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Re: Nearly 3 weeks post hysterectomy: deep vein thrombosis concerns despite getting the all clear

Having had a very good friend who had dvt after a gallbladder surgery, I, too, was very paranoid over this aspect of surgery. I am now at 9 weeks post op tomorrow. I did have some leg cramping but really think it was due to having been laying around so much. Sometimes I would have tingling in my legs and my mind would think I was having a clot! But I was just fine, and you'll be fine too.

Walking many times a day is very important. If you are cleared by doctor, you should be ok, but I know that up till my six weeks, I was scared.

Take captive those negative thoughts. You're on the road to recovery.

Merry Christmas
Unread 12-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Re: Nearly 3 weeks post hysterectomy: deep vein thrombosis concerns despite getting the all clear

My doctor explained that this is from nerve damage from being on the steel table with your legs all cranked up in the stirrups! Because I have had some nerve pain from spinal cord issues in my life, I'm all too familiar with nerve pain and sensations. I had the exact same feelings several years ago when I had a complication from my spinal cord problem. It resolved, but I got some of the same sensations following my surgery. I talked to my regular doctor and she said that it could take up to 3 months for complete nerve regeneration. I think you are fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register