Scared about Upcoming surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared about Upcoming surgery Scared about Upcoming surgery

Unread 07-22-2002, 09:13 AM
Scared about Upcoming surgery

Wow, lots of us on July 30th! There is comfort in knowing we will all be doing pretty much the same thing that day. At least we can all pray for each other and be thankful for the up and coming life without pain and bleeding that will be ours! I will start living each day of the month instead of worrying what to wear, how far am I from home and how much sicktime at work do I have left! Take care ladies, we are definitely on the home stretch. Even tough we have some recovery work ahead of us, I just know in my heart that God is hanging right along with all of us! Keep your faith, smiles and sanity!!! Right now I am so consumed with next week that I can barely think straight. My mind is jumping around thinking of what else I should get ready. This site is so incredible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2002, 12:19 PM
And yet another one on 7/30!!!

Hi LuAnne!

Wow, 7/30 must be a great day for a hyst as there seems to be a lot of us going in that day! I am supposed to have a TVH but my DR has also said there may be a possibility that he will have to do and abdominal inscision. I am not overweight but I have had 3 c-sections and my DR has said that sometimes it's harder to do a vaginal hyst when there is scar tissue on your bladder already (like on mine). I know what to expect (sort of ) from an abdominal surgery and really, I did very well with all three of mine. On my first and second, I never took anything stronger than ibuprofen...even in the hospital!! Of course, many women have different experiences with a hysterectomy because it's a different surgery. We all have different bodies and perceptions of pain. I hope for both of us (and all of us) that we can have the surgery that will provide the best overall outcome. I have accepted that fact that I may wake up from my surgery with yet ANOTHER abdominal inscision on my exsiting scar and that's O.K. with me if that was the best option my DR had.

However, I hope you all are ready for some whining if that is what really happens so stock up on the cheese (lol)!

Hugs and Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register