Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo! Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo!

Unread 04-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo!

I had my pre-op yesterday done by my general physician, he felt my tummy and asked how I lasted this long. It went well find out today if he is going to put me on some mega doses of iron.

Then DH and I went and bought massive grocery's, and I bought some new undies (we need an underwear smiley) started packing my bag. Now I am getting ansy that I am not going to be able to get stuff done around the house, I will though, always do! Been doing a little at nite, cleaned windows inside and out, put the screens up, and did the yard work, so that is done! Now just the inside of the house.

And dear M-in-L is panicking, you know you will have menopause I told her they are not taking the ovaries, and that I may have the symptoms for a while, but I will be okay. She is something else, it is nice at least I know they care. And that I am not the only one in panic mode, argggh!

Ahh so if I am a raving witch for awhile, I'm allowed.

ArChiDe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 10:37 AM
Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo!

My mom warned my dh I may be moody and depressed after surgery. "Oh no, " he said, "she won't do that." He was beside himself the first time I fell apart sobbing. I showed him this site with info on post-surgery depression and he sort of understood. I stocked up on groceries too because, left to his own devices, he would live on McDs 1/4lb bacon cheeseburgers and Coke.

Gather your favorite books, nail polish, and CDs around you and enjoy your recovery. I made a 'pamper basket' filled with nail polishes, emery boards, and hand, body, and foot lotion. At least once a week after surgery, I'd settle into the couch with my basket and spend an hour on my nails.
Unread 04-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo!

ArChiDe
I am at the same place as you right now as we have the same surgery date. can you believe I am at my desk at work, and was so anxious about the work here that it is now all done!!!! So here I am, on the computer! So, I am all packed. Probably overpacked. I am off tomorrow from work and will go thru the bag one more time. God, I hope we don't have those mood swings. I am not keeping my ovaries, as they are presently snugly wrapped up with all sorts of cysts, and ewww whatever.
Thanks for reminding me to shop. My DH would not eat ANYTHING if left up to him. He cannot cook and does not eat fast food! My daughter in law and son live in an apartemtn below us, and she will cook his dinners. But I still have to get him some stuff.
Well, Good Luck to YOU!!!!!!!See you on the other side!!!!
I am sure we are going to be fine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 12:19 PM
Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo!

NEW undies sound OH SO nice. One with out the extra coloring.
With out ones when you see hubby folding clothes he wont think yuck. LOL

Ill do my shopping this weekend. Hubby doesnt even want me to go out for that. He says he refuses to let me get near sickness wants me to stay home and avoid illness. He wants this stuff taken care of and not put off because i end up ill.

Good luck

Just like you I have to get my house work all done. I just dont think it will stay that way with 4 kids. LOL

TamKAS
Unread 04-17-2002, 01:06 PM
Had Pre-Op, Going Gonzo!

ArchiDe,

Wow, you ladies are way ahead of me!! I just scheduled my surgery yesterday, and since we did a D&C two weeks ago, I don't have to do the pre-op again. So I am shceduled for the 22nd also. Any suggestions on how to prepare my body for the surgery as far as what and what not to do? My husband is a great cook, so I am lucky there and I am planning on cleaning my house on Friday. My Doctor is doing a TAH with the ovaries too.
I was alittle surpried with that news, I guess I just assumed it would be vaginal. Good luck to everyone on Monday.
Roni

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register