Fearful of not having more kids? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fearful of not having more kids? Fearful of not having more kids?

Unread 12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Fearful of not having more kids?

I am a 38 year old single mom (never married) of a wonderful 13 year old girl and I have always desired to be married and have more children. I have my hysterectomy scheduled for Jan. 7 because of very heavy bleeding/clotting and pain. I do feel it is the best thing to do for my health and well being, but am so sad every time I think about never being able to have another baby. I'm not even dating anyone now, but feel like I'm giving up. I can't stop thinking about every possible hypothetical question in my mind and just hope I'm doing the right thing. Has anyone else had similar thoughts/feelings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2007, 06:24 AM

Big s

You're not alone in those feelings, many have felt that mourning and loss with having a hysterectomy.
There's a forum here that helps deal with the feelimng of loss, grief and depression that can be part of the hysterectomy experience. It's called "Aching hearts"
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Please fel free to visit it - the ladies are wonderful with sharing.:heart;
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:38 AM

ok, don't laugh, but at 51 I felt the same way! Even though I didnt really want to have another child, I didnt like that I couldnt IF I should want to.
I told my Dr. as I wept that I didnt want to lose the womb that held my babies. She told me that she felt the very same way, then she took my hand and said, I thought I would grieve the loss of my womb, and I ended up grieving the time I had lost putting it off when I could have had better health to enjoy my life and my 12 year old .
Well, I went from not wanting to lose my womb, to saying thatnk you Uterus/womb for what you did for me, to Good riddense you nasty ol uterus, you did your job, and it feels great to be healthy!
So you have the right to feel as you do, and I hope you make your way through the emotions and come out relived to have the health to enjoy your dd more than you realized you could. I bet you do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2007, 06:38 AM

You might still get married and he might have children of his own and then you would have more children.

A cousin of mine had to have a TAH after the birth of her 7th child and even woth that many she had the same feelings you do. Just in October she was made a grandmother 3 times. ( One daughter had twin boys and the other a girl) She is feeling much better about what happened now.
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:46 AM

have you explored and tried all non surgical treatments for you condition? if you arent 100% sure about having a hysterectomy, try to do lots of research on what you can do besides surgery. have you gotten a second opinion and asked that dr what else you can do?
i would think its normal for anyone your age to feel like you do but if you arent positive you are doing the right thing, you might want to check into other options. good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register