I am a Lady in Waiting also! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a Lady in Waiting also! I am a Lady in Waiting also!

Unread 11-19-2001, 01:35 PM
I am a Lady in Waiting also!

Hi,
I am Angelstarr™. I am scheduled for LAVH with BSO on Tuesday November 27, 2001.
I had my pre-op appt. today with the Dr. and I deceided on the BSO today. Up until today it was "possible BSO" because of Endometriosis and pelvic pain with past laser surgery, so she thought I might need them removed but wanted me to keep them if possible.

I have suffered for over 30 years with terrible PMS and periods, pain, and the list goes on.... and on....

Anyways I deceided that I was done with it and I am not opposed to HRT. So the ovaries will go too.

I am going to be 46 on Sat. and figure I already have many menopausal symptoms...hot flashes, night sweats, moods, fatigue, etc.... So what the heck... I don't want to go through this anymore.

I am not really scared. I dread the bowel prep the day before!!!!! My hospital is 60 miles from my home and there is no bathrooms between. It is all highway driving.

I will drive the 60 miles and stay in a motel the night before.

I guess I am normal to worry about the usual concerns of surgery.
But I am lucky that my Dr. is very good and the hospital is one of the top 100 in the US.

I am glad I found this site before my surgery and will be checking back many times in the next few days for support and information.
Thanks for all your help
ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2001, 03:19 PM

Hi Angelstarr!!
Welcome to HysterSisters. So glad you found us before your surgery, as you will find a great deal of information sharing and support here both now and when you are home recovering.

Sounds as though you have been through a rough time over the years and I hope this surgery brings you some relief.

I found the bowel prep sounded worse than it actually was. Its good that you are driving there the night before so you won't have the worry of needing to find a bathroom on the long drive there the day of surgery.

All the best to you, keep reading and posting any questions you have between now and next week, and we will all do what we can to help. There are lots of great things at the bottom of the home page in the pull down menus, as well as a great search area (little purple button, top right corner of the screen) for searching for info on specific topics.
Have a great birthday Sat. as well!!
Again welcome Angelstarr!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 11-19-2001, 04:48 PM

Hi Angelstarr,
I did 2 bowel preps in less than 3 weeks, one for a colonoscopy, the other for surgery. The one for surgery was not as bad, perhaps because I knew what to expect. A cream, like Anbesol, to coat your buns before you begin is helpful if your doctor doesn't object. I elected to stay in bed near the bathroom. I read magazines as I couldn't concentrate on a book and was up and down a lot.

Other than the enema my doctor required before surgery the following day, I did not go number 2.

Remember a pillow for the ride home, to cushion yourself. Jan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register