Opinions on Symptoms. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Opinions on Symptoms. Opinions on Symptoms.

Unread 07-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Opinions on Symptoms.

I had a d & C in April looking for possible hyperplasia or cancer. It came back negative for both. My Dr. "suspects" adenomyosis. I have the following symptoms right now and was wondering if any of you ladies have had these with adenomyosis.

Clawing pains in the uterus: it feels like dull knife blades being drug across it inside right to left.

hip pain below the waist line.

period like cramping

period "fullness" all the time in the pelvic area.

back aches that are killing me.

backaches that coincide with the pain in the front. You can draw a line from front to back with the pain.

Shopping it feels better to lean on the cart than stand up straight.

leg aches

lightheadedness

dizziness

tired all the time

I was having very heavy irregular periods with huge clots. Thats why I had the d and c. I do have several small fibroids and 2 that are 3cm each right next to each other. The pain is pretty bad right now a couple days before my period is due. The clawing sensation is the worse. I am scheduled for a colposcopy in a couple of weeks just to make sure all bases were covered for the atypical glandular cells on my pap last August. "Whole different story." My Dr. is only doing it because he is very thorough. I am on bc pills and have been on the same pill 15 years. My mother had ovarian and uterine cancer 13 years ago. Doing just fine now.

So can adenomyosis cause these type of symptoms? Also, my Dr. said he may still have to take the uterus if I'm still having problems, which obviously I am. What would your ladies advice be on the ovaries? I am 40 years old and the only female cancers in the family have been my moms. My Dr. said the ovaries, barring nothing found in surgery, would be my decision. With my mom s history I just don't know what to do. I am sure I am not ready for menopause but if the ovaries were gone, one less thing to worry about with cancer.

So sorry this is long, but I really need some insight into things and you ladies always seem to have good reasoning. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Re: Opinions on Symptoms.

Hi there!
I have most if not all of the symptoms you listed and they are suspecting Adenomyosis with me also. From what I understand, they won't know for sure until after my path report comes back. My surgery is tomorrow and I have no clue how long it takes before the Dr will get and share my pathology results with me. I am 40 years old also. I wish I could offer you some advice but I at least wanted to chime in to let you know that I am exactly your age and do experience your symptoms
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:50 PM

Thanks June. It does help to know others have the same symptoms. I hope your surgery goes well and no longer have to deal with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2013, 09:09 PM

I had very similar symptoms, the fullness, back snd abdominal pain, heavy periods, clotting....my hyst was 4/30. Path showed adenomyosis...I'm so glad my uterus is gone! I kept my ovaries...im 39. I also had a prolapse too.
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:13 PM

I had adenomyosis and endometriosis. I had all of the symptoms you describe. As for the ovaries, I lost both of mine due to endometriosis and what I wouldn't give to have one of them back! I do take estrogen, but it's not the same. At first it was easy, just slap on a patch. But with time, I've found that I've needed several adjustments, had to switch delivery methods, use creams, etc. Surgical menopause has not been fun. If it is a viable option, I'd advise keeping an ovary. Certainly sometimes we have to lose them, but if it's a decision you can safely make, I advocate for saving one if possible.
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:21 AM

I too have all the same symptoms and my dr suspects adenomyosis, every month the symptoms get worse! I am scheduled for a hyster on Wednesday because of it, they are removing everything except the ovaries, unless my GYN decides differently once surgery is started. I too have all types of cancer that runs in my family, but at this time, we thought this was the best decision! Best wishes to you!! Keep us posted with your decision!
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:47 PM

I am so thankful to all you ladies for responding. I don't feel so crazy anymore. My periods are coming earlier and lasting longer, even on the bc pill. Today it started when it should have started tomorrow and the back ache and pelvic pain is killing me. It's not like "normal" cramps but a clawing feeling. Last month it started a week early, while I will still taking the active pills, and lasted all the way thru the inactive pill week making my period 2 weeks long. I may can take the weird bleeding, but this clawing pain has got to go. To the ladies having hysterectomies this week, I wish you nothing but the best and a speedy recovery. And after reading the responses, I think I am inclined to keep my ovaries if possible. If something happens in the future, then they can be removed but if I remove healthy ones right now, I can't get them back. Thanks to all of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register