HPV and hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HPV and hysterectomy HPV and hysterectomy

Unread 06-04-2005, 12:37 PM
HPV and hysterectomy

Hi, I have spent some time reading on this site and am so glad I found it. I have a hyst scheduled for July 5, but am unsure whether to go through with it. I'm just hoping to get some feedback and advice from those with more experience and knowledge.

I've had several abnormal paps during the last 6 years, had a colposcopy and a LEEP done 4 years ago and have had normal paps since until last month. My dr. suggests a hyst due to the fact that I have HPV and keep having abnormal paps. I also need surgery for a stage 2 cystocele anyway, so I know he's thinking that it's just better to do it all at once, since he believes that I will need to have the cervix removed at some point anyway.

Another complication is that I am due to start nursing school Aug. 1 and will be unable to do anything like surgery for the next two years. Plus I may not have health insurance if I need to quit working while in school.

So several factors lead me to thinking that I should do this now and get it done in case something worse arises during the next two years.

But on the other hand, the dysplasia at this point is mild, and I'm awaiting the results of the colposcopy he just did this week. Hard decisions for sure, especially since the surgery takes so long to recover from. I will not be able to work for a while. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
HPV and hysterectomy

Hi!
I am sorry you are having a difficult time with trying to make a final decision to go through with your surgery. It is a tough decision indeed and only you can make that decision.

If you are having any doubts at all, I would get a second and third opinion. There is never a "good" time to have this type of surgery because life happens!

For me, it was a difficult decision overall, but I had lost my job a month before my surgery. I seriously was considering holding off (even though I have health insurance) but I knew there never would be a good time.

I wish you best wishes in your decisions!

Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register