Am I the only one that's paranoid? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I the only one that's paranoid? Am I the only one that's paranoid?

Unread 05-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Am I the only one that's paranoid?

O.K. I'm new here. Just scheduled my surgery and it's only 2 weeks away (so soon!) The more I read, the more worried and anxious I become! So, in the heat of the moment I ask, have any of you been so paranoid/worried that you have thought about whether or not you should be updating your will? I know it sounds extreme, but LOTS is running through my head right now. Am i doing the right thing, should i have chosen a less invasive route, etc...
Just curious...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2007, 02:36 PM

yes on the will. i even wrote a letter to each of my 3 kids.
i chose the least invasive route and i was very sure of that decision. but you couldnt have convinced me that i was going to live through it. its such a terrible way to think. i've never had a problem with surgery/anesthesia..theres just no reason to think like that.
you'll be fine..you really will be. what type of surgery are you having?
Unread 05-25-2007, 02:41 PM

a vag hyst - i KNOW deep down theres nothing to worry about, but still scared - mostly about hospital, not about recovery, or even complications! Feeling VERY emotional right now. Tears, tears. Ugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2007, 02:47 PM

I think we've all thought about that. I spent a morning updating my Will, and also my Living Will in case I was in a situation where my family had to make decisions. It sounds very depressing and morbid, but in all honesty, I thought of it as a business document and it made me feel like I was in control of what was going on. Some ladies have written letters to their family.

I think it's whatever you feel like you need to do. We end up coming through this just fine but there is always the "what if..." in our minds. So if updating your Will or writing letters makes you feel better, then by all means do it.
Unread 05-25-2007, 03:51 PM

Very normal feelings. The hystersisters article list even includes an article called: Fear and Death Thoughts <---click to read.

If you haven't found the hystersisters articles, take a look. We have a list for pre-op, post-op, hormones, etc. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_articles.htm

You are not alone!
Unread 05-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Hey Princesschicken!

What you are feeling is so normal. To tell you how normal it is............I sat my two boys down and my husband and told them how much they meant to me during my life. I told my boys when things got ruff It was them that made me be the woman I am and I dusted myself off and kept going. I told them how proud I was of them and they could be anything they wanted to be.........even if I wasn't here anymore. If I wasn't here I would expect them to keep going. I told them just when they thought they couldn't ....to think what would mom do. They all know I have been a fighter in my life nothing stops me as little as I might be. Told hubby I love him so much. We all had a good cry but I didn't want any regrets or my boys to have questions if something happened. I wanted them to hear it from me.
I told hubby he could get married again but good luck trying to even find anyone remotely close to me!!!!!!!!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! (never thought I could say that to him) but I would want him to he a little bit happy.....................hehe. I brought out the will and its set up that no other woman can ever come in and take anything that we worked so hard together for. Its my sons and my husbands. I brought out the Personal directive which they are, if I am sick in hospital.
So that way I am ready and I have to be or I could never do this. But thats just the way I am.

At the end of our talk, I said people should say all these things everyday to their family (which I do) The boys hate that....lol. But I had to know that they knew, that was the point.
We had a twenty minute talk and we moved on. I felt better. Then I told them when I get home I expect the best treatment after all the nice things I said about them.............hahahaha

So its normal, do what you have to do, Last thing you want is a regret before you go in about anything. Its healthy to let out your feelings.

Hugs and You'll get through this too.............can you please remind me of what I said to you in a couple of days.

Oceanmist
Unread 05-26-2007, 05:00 PM

I had a a LAVH on 5/23. About two weeks prior I did a Living Will, Will and Living Trust. I know it is a depresing thought, but I needed to know my kids were taken care of just in case. Trust me on this one...the two weeks prior are the worst. I would love to say the anxiety gets better, but it doesn't. The day of the surgery was when I felt the eerie calm wash over me. We are all here for you.
Unread 05-26-2007, 08:23 PM

No, you're not only one who's paranoid. I'm second guessing myself already, and my surgery's not for another month. I think the waiting and wondering until the day gets here is the worst because you keep wondering if there is something else you can do or try, maybe another dr. who will have different "cure." Your path is the right path for you, so stay with it and your day at the castle will be here before you know it. Hope to hear how you make out, as I will be wondering for when it is my turn. Everything will be fine. Hang in there!
Unread 05-26-2007, 09:16 PM

You are definetly not alone when it comes to being paranoid.I am only 4 days away from the castle and it is really starting to sink in. Today was one of those days that I just cried of and on all day with ten million thoughts and fears going through my head.
I wish I had some good advice because if I did I could use it myself. Well stay strong and live it up for the next two weeks!!!!
Unread 05-27-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm with you

My TAH is 1 week and 2 days away. I have to redo my health care advance directive so dh has all the power, even if everything is alright but I can't talk.

I went on a cleaning spree yesterday. Bathroom and Living Room are spring fresh. I have the kitchen, bedroom and my dd room to do yet, plus our linen closet (ugh scary). The more I clean the better I feel.

I am overly anxious and am ready to back out at any moment, but I have found peace and succomed to the fact that this must be done.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs
L.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register