Walking examle of Murphy's Law | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Walking examle of Murphy's Law Walking examle of Murphy's Law

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Walking examle of Murphy's Law

Scheduled Sept. 8th for TVH and I'm not so sure now it's going to happen and I'm a nervous wreck. It has literally been one thing after another. Last week, out of the blue, I break out in a rash after taking thyroid med. pill that I have taken for a solid year, on the same brand for over four years, and was switched to another brand, had all kinds of side effects and missed a few doses. Rash is better, side effects have eased, but it will, of course, mess with my levels and may make me hypo, which will mean no way on surgery. A few days before that, I found a lump on my leg, doc thinks is a cyst or hematoma, but hasn't gone done yet, so I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning. That's when I was going for pre-op at the hospital. Planning to go after, thankfully they're next door to each other. I'm not sure about having surgery without know what's up with my leg first, and it may take a couple of days to know. My heart pvcs are out the roof! Told I have muscles spasms in my back and everything hurts. What else... Oh, yeah. My son's dad is supposed to take care of him while I'm in the hospital for surgery, but out of the blue, our company (yep, we work at the same place) has sent him to a client site and we're not sure he won't have to go next week. Suffice it to say, I'm not feeling very confident about anything except the fact that most of the time, I feel like hurling from it all. Help! Sorry for the whining, but this is just about becoming unbelievable and overwhelming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2008, 06:31 AM

You sure have a lot happening all at once
I hope that your rash finishes clearing up, the lump on your leg turns out to be nothing serious and everything else settles down soon.

Please let us know what you learn from the ultrasound.

S
Unread 09-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Wow — what a lot on your plate!!!
I thought I had it bad when I broke my finger a few days ago. I am supposed to have TAH on 9/23. Not sure if I'll have a cast or a splint. What a drag!!!
I hope everything works out for you. Sometimes the universe might just be telling us it's not the right time to have surgery!!!

Good luck.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2008, 06:27 PM

Thank you for your replies. I know I am terribly whiney, but sometimes it just feels better to get it out. I got the girl who did my ultrasound to tell me what she saw, telling her I really needed to know if it looked concerning because of surgery coming up, and thankfully she didn't see anything worrisome and is even giving the doc a nudge to read it quickly and give my doc a preliminary report. So, I feel better there. Switching to a thyroid med with no dyes, so fingers crossed, and no one seemed concerned about my thyroid when I finally made it to the hospital for pre-op today. And my son's dad made it back into town, so that's looking like it's working out. There are still a couple of other things, but maybe it's all smoothing out a bit now. This surgery stuff will just mess with your emotions!

Thank you ladies again so much for "listening". I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't happened upon this site. Everyone is great here!
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:36 PM

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are dealing with prior to your surgery, but glad to hear that things are starting to work out for you. I know those weeks and days leading up to surgery are so stressful. I know that having to postpone surgery would be devistating. I know I would have been. You just want to get it over and done with so you can move on with your life.

Take Care.

Tatermist03

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register