So frustrated, Just need to vent!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So frustrated, Just need to vent!! So frustrated, Just need to vent!!

Unread 03-07-2012, 04:43 PM
So frustrated, Just need to vent!!

Hello ladies, as I have shareed before on this site I am scheduled for surgery on the 15th of this month. When i went to the dr. last weds. I had not decided yet if I would be able to have the surgery right away (Finances) So the dr gave me a shot of Depo Provera, in case I had to wait a month or two. He said it would make my period a lot easier to deal with. Long story short, when I came home frm the drs. and talked to my husband we agreed to just take the money from savings and get the surgery done asap. Friday morning I booked my surgery. By friday night I had terrible cramps, mind you my period had just ended the day before. I couldn't understand why I was having cramps, I never have cramps once my period is finished. So I started to wonder if maybe the shot was causing me to have another period....... was in terrible pain through the weekend, monday i called the dr and they said that no, I wasn't gettiing my period again. They tld me the cramps are a side effect of the shot. UGHHHHH Have not slept in 4 days, up all nighht with horrible crams. This shot lasts for 3 months, I have read onliine that many women deal with severe side effects from it for months after stopping depo. This is such a nightmare and I am mad that my dr gave me this stuff!! I can't stand the cramps and it is hard to focus and get myself ready for my surgery next week. Wish I never got this, now I am worried that even after the hysterectomy i will still be dealing with the side effects for months!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Re: So frustrated, Just need to vent!!

I'm so sorry. My sister in law got a Depo shot 4 months ago and says she's just now feeling like herself. The only thing helpful I can think to say is that at least it's not permanent and the shot will eventually wear off.

Big hugs to you. <3
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:51 PM

I am really sorry you are getting side effects! I took Depo for years when I was younger and it was fantastic.. I had no period and zero side effects but I realize it isnt for everyone! I hope it starts to get better for you soon! Just out of curiosity.. I am assuming you are in the states which is why you have to pay for the surgery... how much is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2012, 04:51 AM

Abagayle, thank you. Yes hopefully this will stop soon. Jusst so tired. Up all night and cranky Love to you!!
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:57 AM

Happy2BMrsP, Yes, I also took Depo when I was younger. I did have a lot of spotting but not these horrible cramps. I am just frustrated because in the end I did not need to get the shot since I wound up scheduling the surgery before my next period would have arrived. Oh well, hopefully my mother is right and without the uterus the cramps will sttp I don't have insurance so my Dr is bring me through the ER so I will be billed for all the hospital expense. I am not sure how much that will be...... I paid my drs service fee up front, he usually charges $2,500 but only charged me $1,800 so that was nice. I am sure the hospital bill will be HUGE. But I can make payments on that. I will let you know how much it all ends up costing. I am guessing you are in Canada? My BF lives there and just had hers done. I don't think it cost her anything Wish we had that in the states!!
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:30 AM

Yep, I am in Ontario and no... we don't pay a cent for anything.. only prescriptions.. I have never heard of doctor fees or hospital fees.. The only thing we MAY have to pay depending on our working insurance is for an ambulance.. but even that is $100. It must be awful to have to worry about how much medical expenses will cost you
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:16 AM

Happy2bMrsP, Yes it really is sad that we have to go without much needed medical help if we do not have insurance. It is frustrating, I would have done this a long time ago but I kept putting off going to the dr because I knew something was wrong and really couldn't afford the bills. Unfortunately the way it works in America is the gvt only helps you if you make a certain amount, we make too much for any type of assistance but not enough to be paying for all types of insurance. my husband is self employed so we would have to buy it and with all the other expenses we have I just can't really swing it. Thankfully this dr is having me go through the er so I will be able to pay it off in payments. Even with insurance I would have to pay around 20 % and some other fees so either way it is expensive. Just will be glad to be done with it. Otherwise i am very healthy so once this is taken care of hopefully i wont be racking up any other medical bills

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register