Hurting....oh man what have I done???!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hurting....oh man what have I done???!!! Hurting....oh man what have I done???!!!

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Hurting....oh man what have I done???!!!

Hello ladies,

Oh man, I am so STUPID. I can't believe what I did today and I AM REALLY HURTING NOW!!! The man who cuts my yard came late this evening, and afterwards I have to refill my dogs water bowls(it has been averaging 95 and hotter). Well, sometimes they refill them, but today they didn't, so I decided to pull my water hose around the house and give my dog some much needed fresh water.

I AM HURTING!!! I am having a constant crampy-pulling feeling in my goin/abdominal region, that does not seem to want to go away. I am hurting as I type this. I am so angry with myself &^%$##(* aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh why was I so stupid!!! This is beginning to really scare me.

I've taken my muscle relaxer and I am thinking of using my heating pad for awhile. I hope AND PRAY this will help it to ease down.

All of you have my utmost permission to tell me off....I DO deserve it.

good night ladies,

Sista Big Boned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Re: Hurting....oh man what have I done???!!!

ok Sister Big Boned...........What where you thinking???...it's seems no matter how often we warn...the other sister's..........they....seem to think.....somehow they can handle it...............all that pull on the hose ....big mistake............OK U get the point........I pray you are feeling better............much love...........let us know how you are doing .....later......as a follow up
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM

I am with you sista, two days ago I found mosquito larvae in my puppies pool so I bailed it out by myself not wanting to bother DH since he is so tired these days from my insomnia he needs to nap as much as possible. So I bailed the whole thing out myself and also felt cramped and disappointed in myself. That was two days ago and the next day I felt okay, maybe a bit sore and tired in the midsection but okay otherwise.
I vow not to do anything stupid again…. I hear you it is so hard to stay put when things need to be done…

Please rest as I have been doing since then...

I pray you will be okay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:53 PM

I agree with the sisters! Take it easy the rest of the week. I have to remind myself not to do things. I have a cure for insomnia-I had it bad. A small snack before bed. I'm serious. I've slept wonderfully. If only I could get rid of the nightmares!!!!
Unread 07-02-2009, 12:42 AM

Ok, so my newly discovered pains aren't because I did something (well, not exactly ). On Saturday, my DH and I went to visit our neices (4 yr old and 2 yr old). Well, I was playing with the 2 yr old and having a good time when the 4 yr old decided that she wanted Aunt Amy to play with her. She charged me All I could do was reach my hands out in hopes that it would stop her. Instead, she continued to jump on me then decided it would be fun to climb up my chest. All I could do was hold her so she wouldn't fall and get hurt. Well, needless to say, I have been hurting since then. Went to today and he thinks everything will be okay. I sure do hurt alot more this week than I did last week.

My advise, avoid any chances of having to lift more than the doctor allows. In my situation, I should have been playing with the 2 yr old I guess. I just know I wasn't planning on picking up the 4 yr old much less having her jump and climb on me.
Unread 07-02-2009, 08:27 AM

We are all using this thread to confess our sins!

bliss6307 I hope she did not hurt you too much how are you feeling now, any bleeding?

sista how are you doing today?

My sign of damage is bleeding, not sure how else to tell what might have happened in there besides maybe sharp pains...?
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:11 AM

I understand completely! Today I start week four of my post op. Since week 1 after surgery I have been doing stupid stuff and regretting it. One week after surgery the lawn needed cutting, and my son didn't want to do it, so I started it (self propelled mower). He felt bad and finished the lawn, but can you believe I did that? Week two my oldest daughter was visiting us, and I tried to go along on tourist type things with my DH and her which only involved walking. I was in constant pain on my right side where one of my incisions are (LAVH). At my two week post op the doctor seemed a little upset with me when I mentioned just a couple of things I'd done (didn't tell her about the mowing). She said nothing except walking until 6 week check up. Well, I went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo with my daughter and walked around, but it is a "mountain" zoo (hills), so needless to say the next two days all I wanted to do was sleep. Yesterday the dog hair was piling up on the floors and I couldn't stand it. I vacuumed. I just got my hyster sister booklet in the mail, and read what can happen if you over do it. I am SOOOO mad at myself. I am also now paranoid as heck that I have totally screwed my future health up with all my stupid overdoing it. I still have tenderness on my right side, but not as bad as week two. I am only 44, so do you think my body will recover with little damage?
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:42 AM

We are all guilty of doing things that we shouldn't. This past Friday, I took a tour of the local university that I will be attending. There was way to much walking and I had to go up and down stairs. Was hurting pretty good from that. Throw my neice's acrobatic show into the mix and you know I am hurting.

The doctor thinks there was some slight tearing in one of the incisions from my neice jumping on me. I hurt alot from it, but overall I guess I will be okay. I am just glad I didn't drop her.
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Any time you do something that gives you great pain. CALL Your Dr and tell him what you did, they may need to see you immediately. You could have done a number of damaging things to yourself that need immediate attention!! CALL YOUR DR!!!
Unread 07-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Sometimes you do things you shouldn't without even being aware of it.

I use a treadmill for my walking. It has a crosstrainer feature where you alternately pull two levers toward yourself (sort of as if you're cross country sking). I thought it'd be great to try to get my arms back into shape, too, and it didn't seem to add much strain.

Well, I was wrong. These things are still over the 10lb limit, even if they don't seem that way. I ached for two days.
Amazing what stuff affects your abdominals.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register