TAH Frustrated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Frustrated

TAH Nov 1. I had 2 previous c-sections and excessive aehesions. Was going to keep ovaries, but left ovary was suck to uterus, so it had to go too. Spent one night in hospital. Had hematoma in incision @ 1 1/2 week post op. Which had to be opened and drained heavily for 5 days. It is almost healed. I have had bronchitis for the last week and a half, which has almost killed my stomach with all the coughing. The night sweats have started now, I have been having hot flashes since I had surgery. Been moody, angry, and weepy. MD says that since I'm only 35 the other ovary should kick in soon and take over for the missing one. Any idea how long this will take? I am exhausted and have to go back to work in about 3 weeks. Wondering if I made a horrible mistake having this hysterectomy. Maybe I should have just stuck it out with the pain of the adhesions. Still having a lot of pressure in bladder and rectum when I have to pee or poop. Is this normal? Someone please tell me it's gonna get better, 'cause it's Thanksgiving and I'm not feeling very thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Re: Frustrated

It WILL get better. I too only had one ovary after surgery and it went into shock for about 6 weeks. I did hrt for a month to jumpstart it, because the symptoms were not easing up and I had to return to work and didn't went to be crazy. Being patient is the hardest part of recovery. I think that the pressure you are feeling is still healing, you are very early in your recovery. Did you have A&P repairs? Are you having trouble emptying your bladder or having BM's? I wish you luck in your recovery and Happy Thanksgiving even if you aren't feeling it!
Unread 11-24-2011, 02:09 AM

Hi Angela you are only 2 days ahead of me.
I am struggling too with pain, sleep, crying and bathroom issues. I knew it would hurt at first going to the bathroom but never thought at week 3 it would still be ongoing.
Dont worry about work yet, are you able to take extra time off if you need it.
I presume as I have many of your issues we are just in normal healing.
I live in the UK and many American films mention thanksgiving. Is this a public holiday and what is it for?
Take care Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the support. Thanksgiving is a national US holiday declared during the Civil War, by Abraham Llincoln in 1863. It is a day based loosely around the first Thanksgiving, where the pilgrams from the Mayflower celebrated with the Native Americans who helped them with there crops and settling into the new world. It is just a day to eat and be thankful. But has now turned into the beginning of the Christmas shopping season.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register