let's talk poop! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

let's talk poop! let's talk poop!

Unread 06-21-2005, 10:15 AM
let's talk poop!

Ok, I've had no problem having regular bm's . So why does it hurt so distressingly badly during the 'build up' to one?? Is that normal??? It's a horrible belly/pelvic pain like everything is having a hard time traveling through the intestines. When it finally gets to the end, it passes very easily. It's NOT constipation at all.

Hopefully this is not the new poop reality. I don't want to feel like my middle is going to burst every time I go to the restroom! Does this pass too?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
let's talk poop!

Im not sure if its the same but yesterday I brought this up during my ultrasound. My dr told me that as the poo moves through the bowel it may be pushing against the sites where there are stitches. This made sense to me because where I showed her the pain was, was indeed my bowel and the pain moves thus suggesting its my poo expanding my bowel against the sites that were repaired and or stitched while its traveling to my exit site.

Yeah that was

Hope this helps.

's
Danni
Unread 06-21-2005, 10:35 AM
let's talk poop!

Hi There,

I'm 3 weeks post op and I know exactly how you feel. The first 2 weeks are the worse and it does get better. I was so scared to go the bathroom just because of this pain. I feel soooo much better now. No more pain!!! From what I've read this pain is normal the first 2-3 weeks since our intestines were moved around they have to settle back in. Of course talk to your Dr if you feel it could be something else. Only you know your body. Drink lots of water. I was a big soda fan before my surgery but found that any thing that caused gas made this pain worse for me. I know drink lots and lots of water. Walking also helps.

It does get better

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2005, 11:32 AM
let's talk poop!

Soo glad this is a common problem. I would have been really worried of not for this site, a lot of explanations and reassurance here. The constipation is finally better (at least this is the second good day, anyway) and you have explained the other wierdness that's been happening. Hope everybody continues to recover very well.
Unread 06-21-2005, 11:34 AM
let's talk poop!

I'm 11 days out and still feeling the same as you. My dr told me that everything in there is "very swollen" and that it would take some time. She told me to keep taking the anti-inflammatory- naproxen to help with the swelling even if I'm not having so much pain. And she told me to eat some metamucil wafers to help soften everything. So as the stool passes through the intestines, it is maybe going to hurt due to all that swelling. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-21-2005, 12:56 PM
let's talk poop!

Oh, my! This is what's happening to me. I can feel the gas like it's just moving things along and it's terribly uncomfortable. But it all passes with no problem (many times per day -- LOL). I'll be interested in others' expereinces.
Unread 06-21-2005, 01:06 PM
let's talk poop!

I had the same thing for the first couple of weeks. I could feel pain at the various cut & stitched sites (cuff, tubes, etc) as the "stuff" moved along my intestines. The pain gradually faded away and now all is normal. Hope things keep getting better for you!
Unread 06-21-2005, 01:08 PM
let's talk poop!

I finally found someone who is going thru the same problem I am having. I am almost 4 weeks after my surgery and since day one I had up to 5 times bowel movements normal consistency. No pain but the sensation of faintness and shakiness and feeling sick. I was very concern and the doctor thought it was colitis. For the last two days I feel a lot better only two bowels and the feeling of faintness is gone, I still feel weird when it passes but I guess is because I am still healing. Overall, I am feeling a lot better. You will feel like that too. Hope soon.
Taina
Unread 06-21-2005, 01:19 PM
let's talk poop!

I am soo glad to hear this is normal!! Does anyone else experience severe cramping almost like labor pain during the actual B.M.?? Not due from constipation just the act of pushing triggers the severe cramping but once I get the act over with all is fine - I've only had 3 BM's post op everyother day and am eating healthy, drinking tons of water and taking stool softner 2X a day. Hopefully this will all go back to normal as well. Just wondering....

Thanks & Hugs,
Aimee
Unread 06-21-2005, 01:31 PM
let's talk poop!

Oh my, my..... I'm soooo glad I'm not alone:hair:I am 3-weeks post-op today, and have the same feelings of, "oh my goodness, I have to poo and here comes the pain!!"... Went 3 times to day...painful until "it"comes out.....boy, do I feel better in more ways than 1!!

Thanks sisters!! Happy pooing (ouch)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register