Nervous & Anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous & Anxious Nervous & Anxious

Unread 11-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Nervous & Anxious

I am getting anxious & nervous about the hysterectomy I will be having in a mo from tomorrow. I am anxious because I have been wanting a new body for yrs. I am nervous because of the bladder sling. I am looking forward to Dec. 6 though. :-). That is the date of my last period. I will probably enjoy having that. I have a feeling it will be a period I will never forget. Lol. I have asked people & my mom how it 1st felt to not have a period, she said it was nice. I can not imagine how that is good be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Re: Nervous & Anxious

I can totally relate! My surgery is dec 12th! Having a tvh bladder sling too! I am trying to stay busy but my mind just takes off! This site helps so much because I know I am not alone! Hang in there!!
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Nervous & Anxious

Wow! So you do not have much time left before your TVH, huh? That is great! I am sure you will do great! I will be having a TVH as well. My dr said it takes about an hour. Will you have to stay overnight? My dr said I will which I am not looking forward to doing am since I do not like hospitals.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyruss View Post
I can totally relate! My surgery is dec 12th! Having a tvh bladder sling too! I am trying to stay busy but my mind just takes off! This site helps so much because I know I am not alone! Hang in there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Re: Nervous & Anxious

I will be in at least 1 night possibly 2. Hoping for just 1!!! I am the first surgery case of the day 730 am so hoping that helps! I have found a lot of good tips on this site to make the hospital stay a little more comfortable.
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Nervous & Anxious

Hugs Sista'! It was very emotional for me to think that my womb would be gone. I had a partial hyst, bladder sling, and repair to vaginal and anal canal. I was terrified at times, I was driving myself crazy. Once I finally allowed myself to unwind and meditate, I honored the fact that my body really needed these procedures. Had surgery 11/2/12, felt Amazing starting day 2. I felt 20 yrs younger, I'm 38 . I felt so good that I over did and am now dealing with delayed healing. Good luck to you!
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Nervous & Anxious

Omg! I too am on the 1st on the list to have my surgery. Lol. 7:30am. I gotta be there at 5:30am, I think. My dr said I will be there for 1 night & go home the next morning. Thank God!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyruss View Post
I will be in at least 1 night possibly 2. Hoping for just 1!!! I am the first surgery case of the day 730 am so hoping that helps! I have found a lot of good tips on this site to make the hospital stay a little more comfortable.
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Nervous & Anxious

I am glad you are doing better! :-). I can not have kids, do not have 1. I am 35 yrs old. I plan on adopting once I am stable enough to do so. :-). How is your bladder sling holding up? I am nervous about getting mine w/ all the commercials they have in tv about the lawsuits.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralGoddess View Post
Hugs Sista'! It was very emotional for me to think that my womb would be gone. I had a partial hyst, bladder sling, and repair to vaginal and anal canal. I was terrified at times, I was driving myself crazy. Once I finally allowed myself to unwind and meditate, I honored the fact that my body really needed these procedures. Had surgery 11/2/12, felt Amazing starting day 2. I felt 20 yrs younger, I'm 38 . I felt so good that I over did and am now dealing with delayed healing. Good luck to you!
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Nervous & Anxious

Adoption sounds wonderful! Sling feels good...I think, lol. I have had intermittent low belly pain since my fateful overdoing episode. Non the less, feel good. No leaking or Immediate urge to go NoW. I was afraid to urinate at first, and was concerned about spasms. It was a little "different" at first, but not painful . Seriously girl, your body will be happy to be functioning proper. Keeping you in mind, safe passage through your journey. Hugs.
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Nervous & Anxious

Yeah! I always knew that I would never be able to have a child of my own. As a matter of fact, when I was still w/ my fiancée I asked him to get me pregnant just hoping he would get me pregnant. Well after 3 1/2 later I found out I was not pregnant & was pretty sad about it because I knew that was my last chance to have a baby. Well I recently have heard from him & he told me that he was afraid to get me pregnant because he knew how bad I hurt all the time, here I was thinking he did not want us to have a baby. So I am relieved about that. I just knew that was gonna be my last chance to have a baby. I would love to adopt a bunch of babies. Well I am glad you do not have any problems with the sling. The commercials have been terrifying me with the bladder cancer. I wish they did not do that.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralGoddess View Post
Adoption sounds wonderful! Sling feels good...I think, lol. I have had intermittent low belly pain since my fateful overdoing episode. Non the less, feel good. No leaking or Immediate urge to go NoW. I was afraid to urinate at first, and was concerned about spasms. It was a little "different" at first, but not painful . Seriously girl, your body will be happy to be functioning proper. Keeping you in mind, safe passage through your journey. Hugs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register