Work pressure-can u ladies help me? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Work pressure-can u ladies help me? Work pressure-can u ladies help me?

Unread 03-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Work pressure-can u ladies help me?

Hi, I am 10 days post tah. I am not getting paid while off. I know there is no way I will be ready to work this week. But did any of you feel pressure to get back to work? My husband says he understands but I get a vibe he wants me back as quick as I can. My boss also asks about coming back. How do you girls get through this? What to do? I know we need the money. Especially, with the medical bills coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Re: Work pressure-can u ladies help me?

Hi I know how you feel. I'm 2 weeks post op laperscopic everything removed. I'm going back tomorrow. I work at a hospital as a cardiovascular ultrasound tech. I only had 1 week saved up time . I'm not allowed to push my machine for another week, but I can just sit and scan, I'm kinda nervous about going back.
Unread 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM

Well. If you go back too soon you may end up with implications .. Back in hospital .. More bills ...and that may put you out of work for even longer than it normally would have been.. Which means less $$$ coming in. Direct your hubby to your doctor, to YouTube so he can see what happened during surgery.. Or to Mister Hystersisters.
Some people go back to work after 2 weeks and are fine...it depends what kind of work you do, how you are feeling etc. BUT standard recovery time is 4-6 weeks. You have to make the decision that is best for you, all the way around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM

I was able to work at home for 2 weeks prior. My doc wouldn't even clear me for that until a 6 week checkup. Did your doc release you this soon?
Unread 03-24-2013, 05:45 PM

She did. I'll take it super slow.
Unread 03-24-2013, 05:45 PM

Dr didn't even give me a time table. I have a post op appt in two weeks.
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Don't go back until cleared by your doctor.

I am a nurse in a walk-in clinic (pretty easy nursing job) Just before Superstorm Sandy hit us here in NYC I had a patient pass out in my office and I had to catch them and put them back into a seat and hold them there until I was able to get help. This is rare but it happens and there is no warning. I don't want to have the chance of this happening while I'm healing.

Think you should think about the most strenuous or where you have something spontaneous happen. How would this affect your healing?
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:38 PM

Wow take it easy and give yourself a break. I am not even allowed to drive to 2 weeks after or longer. I can't imagine going back to work. I am a hairstylist. The main stories I got from my clients were of people they know who went back to work or did things too soon, They all have complications including constant pain that is worst then before surgery. It's not worth it. Call your lenders and utility companies. Explain what you are going thru ask to make interest payments or to go on payment plans. It's not the end of the world they do it for people all the time. This recovery is about the rest of your life. Good Luck and hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register