Rectocele repair preference | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectocele repair preference Rectocele repair preference

Unread 02-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Rectocele repair preference

I developed a grade 2-3 rectocele about 4 days post op (or at least that's when it became symptomatic and protruded, and I am not at all constipated, and haven't been at all). I'm looking at a possible repair, but I have fairly new diagnosed IBS, so I would like to try a wheat/dairy free diet first. For those of you that have had the repair, who do you recommend do the surgery? My options are a colorectal surgeon, or my gyn. I feel more comfortable with my gyn, but also trust my other Dr. There are no specialty gyn's within 2 hours of here, and I trust these others, who have been practicing here for many years, to do the surgery. I understand one does a rectal repair, and the other a vaginal repair. Which is better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Re: Rectocele repair preference

what type of ibs? i have loose stools and if you eat low carb it gets better....as there are bacteria in belly that thrive on sugar and starch...i discovered this by losing weight low carb....but my GI confirmed they even prescribe. the down side is that if you dont eat carbs bowels more formed which exacefbated my existing rectocele by having more formed stools. soooooo i just had the repair, tired of splinting and balls of poo collectng, i dont kniw how to eat as low carb ( eat fruits and grain no sugar flour) keeps weight down( i am still overweight but am maintaining 80 pound weight loss thisway) but increases pushing!!! ugh!!
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:40 AM

I have loose stools also. As a matter of fact, I had a really bad time right after my surgery where I was having diarrhea 8 times or more everyday. He put me on a stronger medicine for the IBS which helped and then I started taking probiotics and fiber pills. I have been eating low carbs having recently lost 35 pounds just by watching portion sizes. I am still overweight, but I am below 190. My gyn just suggested eliminating wheat and dairy to see if that helps before going to surgery. Congrats on your weight loss! That is quite an accomplishment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2013, 09:51 AM

thanks! congrats on your loss!! apparantly there is a bacteria in belly. google connection, there is a like 3 month antibiotic regiment you can do to try to help.....or eat low carb. it is a specific bacteria that thrives on sugars. i am not sure how we contract it....or if it. is overabundance of a normal one....but i havent gone back to GI or thought about the antibiotics since the prolapse got bad ( i had uterovaginal prolapse with cystocele,enterocele and rectocele.....i have weak connective tissue) and i decided to fix. bBut like over xmas ate "bad" carbs for 5 days.....and had crampy loose bowels. there is a direct correlation. actualky while i am l recovering i think i will research myself.....i dont want 3 month antiobiotic now, and eating low carb has enabled me to keep this weight off( i have to eat no carb to lose), plus my family has all done better and are healthier overall. i love low carb...just think i may need colace forever!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register