LAVH 9 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post op 9 days post op

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:36 AM
9 days post op

Hello,
Friday marked my 1 week post op and I was feeling really good since surgery. Actually I was surprised I felt that good the first week. Then yesterday, day 8, I woke up and I was very sore and tired. My lower back and abdomen hurt. I am not having any bleeding just some spotting with discharge and this has been since surgery. Today is no better so far. I am very tired and sore. I have not had any menopause symptoms so far, thank God.
I just understand. I have not done anything to cause this, I don't think. So why would I go backwards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Re: 9 days post op

The first 3-4 weeks were like that for me as well....feel good for a few days, then have a couple of bad days...I am over 2 months Post Op now and I still have an occasional rough day, but many more good days than bad now. I almost feel back to normal

Just relax and take care of yourself, rest as much as you can.
There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I was thinking maybe something was wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM

One thing that might help soothe your sore abdomen is an ice pack. I alternated ice & heat for a few weeks, I absolutely loved them both I'm glad you are doing so well Keep it up but make sure you get plenty of rest.
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM

I was, and still am, the same way. Have a few good days then bam back to achy laying around ughness. I went back to work last week and this weekend I've done nothing but sleep and lounge around eating ibuprofen. And holy fatigue batman...
I still have some slight discharge too.
I know it will get better, but I'm starting to get impatient lol

Happy Healing my friends.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:56 AM

Thank you everyone! Today is Monday and I feel pretty good today. I guess I will just have to accept that my body is still healing and I will have ups and downs. I am only 10 days post op so I should be glad I'm doing this good.
Hope everyone is doing well today!!
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM

I am nearly 5 weeks post op and so far the words roller coaster, learn to ride with it, patience the body has a mind of its own, and time, this too shall pass, best wishes.
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM

I'm 12 days post op. and I'm getting sick. I'm coughing, slight headache, and achy all over. It wouldn't be too back if coughing won't hurt my stomach. Oh well this to shall pass! Overall this is better than what I was experiencing before the surgery, so I smile!
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:42 PM

I am 5 weeks out...had a Divinci but kept my ovaries, My hormones are all over the place and other than a lower back/side ache I really can't complain. I was also really sore after my first week and it is slowly going away. As far as being tired my first few weeks out I was drained, I mean wiped out! I am starting to feel like my old self ,well if it wasn't for this **** back side ache thing going on which I hear is normal due to the cutting of all the nerves and all. Anyway hang in there and hope you feel better soon
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:58 AM

GypsyLove..I hear you about the back-side ache thing. Oh my how it needs to go away. My really started rearing its ugly head Sunday and is still hanging out making me miserable.

I think because my hormones are still all over the place and now I'm back to work, yet not feeling 100% - maybe 75% on good days - that everything is heightened at this point. I'm so ready for
It to be over lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register