Constipationville, USA. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Constipationville, USA. Constipationville, USA.

Unread 07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Constipationville, USA.

I cannot stand it, I've been contipated for about 6 days now. I've taken stool softener and it's produced a sad wee amount. I'm drinking water, but haven't had the craving or otherwise for fruits or veggies. Quite honestly, I'm not hungry yet. (Surgery was Monday, 25).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Hi

Hi I also have ben having that same problem but my bowels are starting to work some not always.I started taking that Fiborcon pills cuase I dont like to drink the one they have that you can make to drink you might want to start taking something like tht to help get you going again.Also how as the gas pains been since you havnt had a bowel movment yet?I'm still fighting the gas problem also but thats getting a little bit better but not much.I'm doing what ever one says about drinking water and getting my walks in.But one thing I noticed is when I do get my walks in that when the gas pains really kick in.Hope you start feeling better .
Hugs
beckd_72
Unread 07-31-2005, 01:09 AM
Constipationville, USA.

I will tell you only what Helped me...Not to substitute a call to your DR!!. I took one dose of Milk of Magnesia the day after my surgery(suggested my wonderful Nurse). WOW...Went to the bathroom within an hour of taking it, and have gone every day since. As far as gas, the GasX didn't work for me. I took Phazyme...works wonders on a stubborn body like mine...Anyway...hope this helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2005, 04:56 AM
Constipationville, USA.

I agree w/ jade..if the stool softners aren't helping you..try M.O.M. and see if that works..I had that issue the first/second week too..it's like you're body is on the layaway plan..only paying a small amount at a time, which makes you feel worse because you KNOW there's more in there. Annoying if you ask me. If the M.O.M doesn't work, i'd call my DR and see what he recommends to help you along. Don't sit n suffer with it, it only makes you feel worse.
Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 07-31-2005, 05:28 AM
Constipationville, USA.

Mercystreet--I love your title! (Constipationville, USA)--we have all visited that place! I agree with what the other sisters have said, but just wanted to add that this article has some great suggestions for dealing with constipation, and this article has a little more info.
Unread 07-31-2005, 06:10 AM
Constipationville, USA.

I agree to consult your dr, but I will still swear by Smooth Move tea. It helped me when nothing else did, and it only took drinking it one time.
Unread 07-31-2005, 06:38 AM
Constipationville, USA.

I've had a terrible time with constipation and the resulting anusitus (irritated rectum and fissures). Couple of things other people swear by are a tablespoon of molasses or olive oil before you go to bed. Softens things up and helps get things moving.

Also, even if you don't have the craving for fruits and veggies get in some high fibre ones like blueberries. And drink water, water, water. And get your walking in. It definitely helps things to move around in there.

Good luck!

Kay
Unread 07-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Constipationville, USA.

I agree totally with hurricaine tina I also suffered terribly from constipation after my surgery on 6-27 I took a stool softner everyday i took milk of mag I drank tons of water and finally decided to try the smooth move tea some of the ladies suggested and like she said one cup was all it took for me as well!Walking really helped with the gas also!You can find the tea at any GNC store and its around $4-$5 dollars and it really does work!Good Luck!! Deb!
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Constipationville, USA.

Boy, I know how you feel. In fact, I think we all have, at some point. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The MOM's really do work. I swear between MOM's and a chocolate laxie, I finally got the "thing" to move on five days PO. Before then, I felt like I was going to die. If it does not get any better 24 hrs. after the MOM's w/ a Chocolate Laxie, call the Doc. Just to be on the safe side. Take care
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Constipationville, USA.

OK ladies, this song has popped into my head and now I can't get it out: to the tune of Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville"-- "wastiiiinnn' away again in constipationville.."

And the word "wasting" is not a pun, I mean it.

Sorry!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register