Home from Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from Castle Home from Castle

Unread 09-14-2002, 10:55 AM
Home from Castle

I'm home from the castle and feeling pretty good. Doc arranged for me to stay one extra day. Had a lot of pain the day after and was pretty much in bed all day. I will write more once my pain med wears off things keep moving around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2002, 11:00 AM
Congrats-

Hope everything with recovery goes well-
Remember, REST REST AND REST AGAIN.

Listen to your body. It will tell you when to rest. You will find that you will tire out easier now and this will possibly last for several weeks.

Good Luck
runabout
Unread 09-14-2002, 11:14 AM
Let the resting begin!

I second what runabout said, and if you listen carefully, you will hear an entire chorus of wise Sisters thirding it-here's your new mantra for the next MANY weeks-I will rest, drink lots of water, rest more, drink some prune juice, now a nice nap, read a bit, rest more, some tv, and another nap, more water, a snack, then rest more. Say that over & over again.....be well & a speedy recovery to you!!!!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2002, 01:42 PM
Home from Castle

Hi Julie,

Congrats on coming home from the castle! I third that motion ...... just do what your body tells you to do...rest, rest, drink lots lots of water, walk a little, nap some..and then do the same thing over again... watch some tv, watch movies that you've been wanting to see....read magazines or a good book ...catch up with friends and family on the phone....seeeeee there's lots to do in between the times you rest, drink lots of water, walk a little and nap......

hope your recoup goes well!!! Best of luck..

CoryAnn

8/20/02 TAH/BSO & bladder repair due to laaaaaaaarge fibroids, enlarged uterus, endo and adenomyosis
Unread 09-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Home from Castle

hi blazer...glad to hear you are home and doing well. i also had my surgery on 9/11 and i returned home on 9/12. i just could not handle the nurses at the hospital, figured my 4 yo could take care of me better LOL anyways, glad to be home and feeling a lot better than i had anticipated. kinda hard to remember i just haad surgery!!! be sure to drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest!! you sure do look great in your new crown.
Unread 09-15-2002, 01:59 AM
Home from Castle

Welcome Home Julie

I am glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.

Now it is time to put all that Princess training into use. Make sure that you get lots and lots of and lots of water and juice, and take short little s for recovery.

Enjoy being Pampered.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register