Sneezing is not fun | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sneezing is not fun Sneezing is not fun

Unread 09-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Sneezing is not fun

I can't believe my allergies are starting already. I do the most amazing dance...sneeze-grab tummy, sneezek-grab tummy. Especially wonderful if you happen to be walking at the time. My family attempts to not laugh. But it is humerous. ARRGGHHH. Sneezed so hard and so many times today it felt like I pulled something left side under the incision. I have no allergy meds, call to doc in the morning is in order!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Sneezing is not fun

Wait until you have to sneeze and remember to clamp your legs shut to prevent urine leakage. It's not fun is it? LOL
Unread 09-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Sneezing is not fun

Luckily, I had a bladder repair so remembering to clamp while sneezing is not necessary anymore but I did have to do that b4 my surgery! HOWEVER...I sneezed for the first time since surgery on Saturday and OMG what an experience. I have been stopping the sneezes and totally forgot to do that this time. OUCH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Sneezing is not fun

Funny I should stumble across this post today! I had my first sneezing fit this morning and OMG! I didn't know whether to hold my stomach or cross my legs! Couldn't seem to do both at the same time for some reason. I prayed when I first came home that I would not have to sneeze or cough and it's been good until today! LOL Five sneezes in a row at 4 weeks tomorrow is pretty rough!
Unread 09-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Sneezing is not fun

Things I have learned... lol Dont tense up when your going to sneeze. I had my surgery in the midst of ragweed season and there are fields of it growing around here. I found out the hard way that is how you pop a stitch. If you dont fight it the "energy" is directed where it needs to go.. Really.. nothing will fall out.. has saved me some pain after I learned not to fight the sneeze.. but then again.. I didnt have a leeking problem either.. (Oh MY!) Good luck girls, it gets better.
Unread 09-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Sneezing is not fun

Hahaha! Thanks for the advice Arp! Funny how you "feel" like something will indeed fall out! Popping a stitch does NOT sound like something I want to experience! I never had the leaky bladder either until I had this surgery...It's not bad leaky, but a little dribble here and there is still aggrivating!
Unread 09-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Sneezing is not fun

Allergy season is cruel enough! Add to that abdominal surgey and we have big problems. I posted late last week about sneezing. I had been doing it with no pain for quite a while. Then suddenly one sneeze came out of nowhere and it hurt like heck! No major damage ... just a muscle pull according to my doc. Hate those sneezes that sneak up!!
Unread 09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Sneezing is not fun

I was two weeks out when I had my first sneeze attack and that was with my allergy medicine! I had my surgery right before my allergy season started. So I spent the majority of my recovery indoors.
Unread 09-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Sneezing is not fun

I'm glad I'm not alone with this sneezing thing. I have to sneeze so loud so my belly will not hurt. I learned though that if I can find something soft to sit on (couch, mattress or pillow) before that sneeze comes out... I don't feel the pain. If those are not available, I just kinda lean forward a bit ...it kinda eases the pain.
Unread 09-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Sneezing is not fun

I didn't have a problem with sneezing right after surgery but when my bf would make me laugh it hurt bad. I had to hold a pillow over my stomach if I wanted to laugh etc. LOL.

I feel like a leaky faucet right now. I leak some when I exercise now as well. I sure hope my doctor fixes it and believes me over some test.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register