If you have pets, be careful | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

If you have pets, be careful If you have pets, be careful

Unread 10-21-2009, 03:38 AM
If you have pets, be careful

Yesterday was week 6, Yeah! And I felt great! Just about back to before surgery normal.

And then we came home from errands, and the dog. Ugh! I'm not even sure what he did that caused me to have problems, but now I hurt. This morning is better then yesterday, I actually had to take Tylenol, the first time in weeks for any pain associated with surgery.

I'm not sure if it was yelling at the dog. I've noticed that yelling strains my abdomen. Or it was grabbing the mop to clean up from his "Happy Pee" Ugh I hate when he does it, and he hasn't done it in weeks, so why yesterday?

So no getting to test things out last night with hubby, and today there's a poking/stinking feel up inside around the cuff. Which could be the last stitch, but I didn't feel it before yesterday afternoon, who now is what I wonder.

So, ladies if you have dogs. Especially dogs that resemble small horses, be extra careful around them. You'd think by now it would take more then a little movement to make things sore again, but I guess it's the way in which I moved. Not sure, and more then ready to be able to move without consequences again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Re: If you have pets, be careful

I can't figure out how to edit my post, but wanted to add this:

It sounds like I'm saying I yelled at the doggie for doing his happy pee, and that was not the case. I'm home with a sick 7yo who may have the flu, the dog decided he was going to get super excited and jump all over here. To which I yelled at him to get down. Then my daughter decided she would help and grab him to hold him still. Somehow the combination of it had him doing the submissive pee. Which he hasn't done in a while.

Between the yelling, grabbing the mop to clean up his mess, and possibly how quickly I moved, it now hurts.

The pain was first above the pubic bone, now has moved to the right from mid right quad area to above my hip bone. Odd pain combination of pain and pulling. Took some tylenol so hoping that will help setting things down. Planning on taking it easy, and the dog won't be allowed near the youngest so I won't have to worry about it for today anyway.
Unread 10-21-2009, 09:42 AM

This is why I have Boston Terriers--big dog personality in a small package, LOL!

Sorry you had a setback--take it easy! Maybe now that horse of a dog will lay calmly beside you and reduce your blood pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I have 2 dascschunds. One has "happy pee". So I understand. And one can't understand why she isn't allowed to lay in my lap! Try to relax and take it easy, Marci
Unread 10-21-2009, 10:30 AM

I'm sure your pup was excited or anxious about you coming home and had a "whoops". Sometimes it helps to ignore them when first getting home then have them sit before petting them or acknowledging them. Now's a good time to have your family help you out too, so they can get the mop or get the "small horse" under control or at least away from you. In my experience, if something hurts it's usually due to me doing something or moving in a way I shouldn't have. Take it easy. Take some meds and get lots of rest. It should pass after a while. If not, then it's a good reason to call your Dr.

My boy is a 95 lbs. Chesapeake Bay Retriever - a brute and small horse too. But I've worked a lot with him so it has been easy to control him during my recovery. I did notice though that he was very anxious and unwilling to calm down for the first 24 hrs. I was home. I attributed that to him sensing something was different about mom. After the 24 hrs. he's calmed right down and has been a perfect angel by either sitting or laying beside me 24/7. But my cats, that's a different story. They've been holy terrors! I didn't realize what mischief they get into during the day when I'm usually gone to work!
Lisa
Unread 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM

If I knew then what I know now, we would have waited on getting the dog. He's a great dog, will be a great dog. However the kids...the youngest in particular still has a way to go in regards to him.

it's not just about training the dog, but training the kids as well. He does these small jerky movements, we call it flitting and flarting. Which is chaos to a puppy, the puppy wants to play all the time. However, he likes to chew too. And those huge paws, he's still trying to figure it all out.

So add the flitting boy with the still young puppy and you have complete chaos. Just as we get the dog to calm down, the boy flits and flarts and it's back on again. :sigh:

Like I said, he'll be a good dog, and he's learned so much since we've had him, but for some reason the other day, was even worse. Perhaps a combination of tons of things. I'm just glad that this afternoon I feel back to my "normal" self and not hurting any more.

They may tell you 6 weeks then you're all clear, but that does NOT mean you're all healed. And I must keep that in mind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register