Not going well, torn cuff - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not going well, torn cuff Not going well, torn cuff

Unread 11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Not going well, torn cuff

When my Dr. didn't meet my expectations and handle me properly after several months of post op complications....I switched Dr's. It was funny how in one visit to my new Dr. my pain and everything was corrected once he treated me. Now saying that a torn cuff will take time to heal but needless to say if your Dr. is blowing you off you need to see another Dr. pronto! I think the biggest thing that gets me is: if a cuff is torn why do they just leave it the way it is, why would they not try to suture the torn area back to heal more quickly and reduce the scar tissue. As we all know torn tissue not stitched will heal with a more exaggerated scar, and we know scar tissue isn't as elastic as healthy tissue. I just don't get it.

Sorry you are having to deal with this! ((HUGS))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2005, 01:50 PM
not doing well, torn cuff

Julie 71 I had the same complication. I also would like to know why this happened. But none of the doctors need to know. I would get it taken care of as soon as possible. If it gets a bad as mine was it is very painful.
Unread 11-14-2005, 02:18 PM

I went to the doctor last wednesday and I have a small hole in my cuff, he just put some glue on it and told me to take advil :S I dont know what the hell is wrong with these doctors, but Thursday I will be 10 weeks post op and I am ready to go out and play a little bit.. I wonder why he just didnt repair it with the silver nitrate while i was there already.. he said it just needs to heal, that I will be fine.. Im pretty sure he is wrong!
Unread 11-14-2005, 03:00 PM

does anybody know what causes this!!!!
Unread 11-14-2005, 03:25 PM

I think in my case it is because a suture busted at around week 5 post op and it never healed like the doctor said it would... Since my last post up ^^ I have started to discharge again, so this tells me that the hole in my cuff is still not healing too well.. GOSH!
Unread 11-14-2005, 08:22 PM

Hi Littlepup,
I got my surgury papers in the mail Saturday. That was quick because my dr apt was just Wednesday. My surgury date is Dec 20th. I called the office today and in my sweetest nicest way begged them to try to schedule me sooner. 5 weeks! They say I am not well enough for surgury right now. I am on Cipro antibiotic as a prevetative because I had multiple bladder infections in October. My catheter was 50% puss back then and now I am clear and ok. Plus I guess I am still getting over my near death experience at my IVP last Tuesday. I developed an allergy to the dye they put in me and so I am on 60mg Prednisone a day, still I am feeling the allergic effects.
Other than that I am feeling pretty good and very hopeful, cant wait to get better.
I hope you get better soon too and its so nice to meet all you other gals who have the same condition as me.
I would like to think my dr really cares about me and would not blow me off. All my dr experiences have been very positive. I know others experiences may differ but speaking for myself I am in good hands.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register