Is this swelly belly???? 2 week post op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this swelly belly???? 2 week post op Is this swelly belly???? 2 week post op

Unread 05-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Is this swelly belly???? 2 week post op

You're just 2-wks post-op now. Over the course of the next few weeks, you'll have some days in which you'll feel absolutely, positively ready to get back to the job and your everyday activities. False sense of security tho' because just as quickly, you'll feel like a horse kicked you in the belly. Sure sign you overdid things....

Boredom will probably get to you the most - which will cause you to do those silly things. Be prepared. Catch up on your reading: Grab a good book and find someplace to sit in your garden to read; or better yet, in your bed with pillows tucked behind your back and at least one under your knees. Grab you some good healthy munchies (think carrot or celery sticks), bottles of water, and your pain meds to keep by your side.

In my case, I felt absolutely fantastic within the first week! The only reason being is that I had been so miserable for so long that this was a walk in the park on a sunny day in comparison!! I hadn't fully comprehended at just how miserable I was until after the fact.... As a result, yes, I did silly things I physically paid for later. I have a thick skull and sometime's it just takes a bit to get through. Learned my lessons tho' and had to force myself to relax about it.

I'm 7-mos post-op now and loving life! You'll get there. I know it doesn't seem as if it will come soon enough, but it will before you know it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Is this swelly belly???? 2 week post op

You might want to try lymphatic massage. I started at 4 weeks and was sorry I didn't start sooner. It just helps to get things moving. I'm at 5 weeks today and felt a big difference in the last few days. I was depressed Sunday night because I was so tired of feeling sore and woke up Mon morning and could walk like a normal person! I'm still sore but at least I can walk and each day gets a liitle better. It will happen for you too, you just have to let your body heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register