bladder pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-28-2008, 08:10 AM
bladder pain

I had a LASH on the 23rd I have noticed the last couple of days that when I urinate I have a lot of pressure pain in my stomach area, is this normal? I am having alot of sinus drainage also and a little coughing, ouch, I had to sleep sitting up last night, the sinus draingage is causing alot of nausea also. I had to take my allergy med in the middle of the night last night, I will be calling my doctor in a little bit on this, I feel congested in my chest a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
bladder pain

I am a 23rd sister too! I had TVH and they removed my right ovary and tubes. I have the same pressure in my bladder and stomach too. Really hurts if I let my bladder get full. Cant imagine the congestion in your chest and coughing! Ouch! I developed white blisters in my throat once I got home and it made it impossible to swallow anything more than something to drink. Thankfully they sent some antibiotics and the blisters are starting to go away now. I ate a biscuit this morning! Hope the dr can get you something to clear up the congestion! Take special care!
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
bladder pain

I had my TAH on 4/7 and I am still having pain and pressure on my bladder when I urinate. However, the surgeon accidently cut my bladder during my surgery. They had to stop the surgery and call in a urologist and had to put 4 stitches in my bladder. I had to come home w/ the catherter and had it for a week. Thought maybe that is why I'm still having pain. Hopefully the pain and pressure will go away for as all very soon!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Ann - 32
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
bladder pain

My Dr told me not to let my bladder get too full~~I have allergies also and could not wait to get home to start using my nasal spray again. I hate that sinus drainage it makes me so sick also. Maybe you need to get a nasal spray also??

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 04-28-2008, 12:15 PM
bladder pain

Hey yayimshrinking,

I had my TAH on 4/9. My doc told me at my follow-up that my bladder and colon got banged around quite a bit during the removal of the fibroids and my uterus. That along with the Foley catheter will cause trauma to the bladder and urethra. This makes it somewhat difficult or painful to urinate. In time it will pass though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register