Does a Leep hurt? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does a Leep hurt? Does a Leep hurt?

Unread 01-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Does a Leep hurt?

I'm having a LEEP done this coming Tuesday (1/24) and then onto a hysterectomy on 1/27. I'm so worried that the LEEP is going to hurt. I've read it doesn't but the shots to numb the cervix can hurt some. Ughhhh! I just can't wait until it's all over with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Re: Does a Leep hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnintem View Post
I'm having a LEEP done this coming Tuesday (1/24) and then onto a hysterectomy on 1/27. I'm so worried that the LEEP is going to hurt. I've read it doesn't but the shots to numb the cervix can hurt some. Ughhhh! I just can't wait until it's all over with.
Why are you having Leep before your hyster? Isn't it usually done to AVOID the hyster? But good luck and best wishes.
Unread 01-18-2012, 07:47 PM

I also had a LEEP procedure done in my DR's office. I was so nervous the DR kept telling me to relax...she said I was levitating, lol. I don't remember any pain during, just that funky smell. And that evening I swore my cramps had cramps. It got better by the next morning, I didn't need to take any time off to recover.

Consider asking about taking some pain meds right after the procedure and then for at least 12 hours afterwards. That should get you through it.

Re: success- I had the procedure due to a bad pap test. Then had to have paps every six months for a few years after that as a precaution. Never had another bad pap, so I would say it worked. Because my paps stayed clear for all the years since, I was able to keep my cervix when I got my hysterectomy.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 08:09 PM

I had a LEEP about 12 years ago and it wasn't very painful. Some cramping and a little discharge, but nothing too bad. Make sure you do the follow up PAPs like you are supposed to. I just had a hysterectomy 1/13, but it was because of endo. After my LEEP I never had any other signs of dysplasia. Good luck!
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Hi. I just had a LEEP done 11/28/11. It was done due to a second prolapse. My cervix had stretched. First prolapse was done in 2005 with TAH. My cervix was trimmed to shorten. This was done with the daVinci. My first surgery failed due to? Not enough sutures with first mesh? Device? As far as pain, it was managed with meds. Given while I was at hospital and Motrin at home. We filled the Rx however I wanted & handled discomfort with Motrin. (Previous surgery issues with constipation). I don't like to take anything anyway. Motrin did help . I wish you the best & know that I'll be thinking of you. If you get a chance let me know how things are. Take care!🌺
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaWabbit View Post
Why are you having Leep before your hyster? Isn't it usually done to AVOID the hyster? But good luck and best wishes.
The doctor says he wants a LEEP done to find out if the cancer is invasive or not so we can find out if I'll need a radical hysterectomy or just a total hysterectomy. It's all come into play so quick. Pap comes back abnormal, I had a colposcopy which showed cervical cancer (adenocarcinoma) then I was scheduled for a LEEP on 1/24 and then a hysterectomy on 1/27. I'm not sure if this is normally how this is handled. I've asked another doctor and she said yes.
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:25 PM

I had aabnormal pap and was told I cant get my hysterectomy surgery without it and how long do I havw
e to wait after
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:46 AM

I had finally had my LEEP done yesterday and I'm happy to say that like most women on here have said it doesn't hurt. I took some Ibuprofen before the procedure for any possible pain. I felt a slight pinch from the first shot to numb my cervix but that was it. I could feel some heat from the instrument they use to preform it but nothing that hurts. Thank God cause I'm the biggest baby when it comes to pain! Now just have to wait for the results to find out which type of hysterectomy I will be having this Friday.
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise, View Post
I had aabnormal pap and was told I cant get my hysterectomy surgery without it and how long do I havw
e to wait after
I had my LEEP done yesterday (1/24) and I'm having my hysterectomy on this Friday (1/27).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register