Hernia? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Hernia?

I had a TAH-BSO on July 3. Am healing well, the doctor said everything looked great at my two week check up. Today DH and I went out for about 2 hours, he drove and I lifted NOTHING ... no pushing, pulling NOTHING, just two hours of window shopping, slow walking.

My abdominal muscles started hurting; when we got home I laid down on the bed (not BAD pain, just slight pain) and I noticed I had a golf-ball sized lump right where my insicion is (vertical incision).

It doesn't really hurt, but it's rock-hard and looks like a golf ball is shoved underneath my skin.

I laid down for about an hour with an ice pack on my insicion and the swelling has gone down, but there is still a small lump.

If it's still there come Monday, I will call the doctor and ask, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this ...

I know she said that hernias are common after surgery, esp. when a patient has weak abdominal muscles (that's me!) but I thought I had to DO something to cause a hernia and I didn't do anything but walk (slowly and leisurely, at that!).

The ice pack seemed to help ... making me wonder if it isn't Swelly Belly, but the fact that the swelling (lump!) is just one golf-ball sized area makes me concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Hernia?

It's ok..the lumps are normal ..some of mine were like golf ball size..the Dr checked them said that it was water retention and swelling inside...I only started to feel them when the "swelly belly" started to go down... I 'm 7 weeks and all 5 "lumps" are gone...it was pretty scarey I thought maybe they were infected areas..but he said as long as they are not tender & hot to touch it was normal!!
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Hernia?

Thanks ... I have a call in to the doctor, but I told them it wasn't an emergency and they're going to have someone (the surgeon or her PA) call me back on Monday.

There is no pain, no heat -- just a golf-ball sized hard lump right where the incision is.

The lump does, eventually, go away (laying down, Motrin and ice pack) but if I sit up or stand up, it will come back.

Kind of creepy, but at least it's not painful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register