Phantom cycles with ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phantom cycles with ovaries Phantom cycles with ovaries

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Phantom cycles with ovaries

hey i have a question for someone who had a total hysterectomy and still has both her ovaries is it normal for me to have a phantom cycle i have like cramps like i would if i was on my cycle and if so how long will this last
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Re: Anxiety and depression is driving me crazy.

mrscarter38, if you had a total hysterectomy, you would not have your ovaries...I believe. I have had a total hysterectomy and have only the tip of my cervix because my bladder is attached to it. Not sure what to tell you about your question, but I'm sure someone on this site would know. good luck
Unread 12-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Re: Phantom cycles with ovaries

When keeping the ovaries, if they continue to work, it is very normal to still cycle.

Quote:
if you had a total hysterectomy, you would not have your ovaries...I believe
A total hysterectomy means removal of the uterus and cervix. Has nothing to do with the ovaries. If the ovaries are removed also, than you would've had a BSO along with the hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2009, 03:32 PM

I kept my ovaries & I can feel when I ovulate each month. I get a little bit of the pms & then my breast are sore for those 5 days when it would be that time of the month. It is the same as before with no bleeding. I do not get cramping (other than feeling the ovaries).
Unread 12-08-2009, 03:42 PM

thanks i really appreciate your help with this i am going to the doctor next wed to see if this new doctor can help me cause i am having nights sweats also but also the cramping and bloating really really bad and my doctor that did my surgery is not helping at all when i called to talk to her about the issues that were going on she told me i had to make an appt to come in and talk to her well i already had an appt to come in for tomorrow but she said i had to make a totally new appt for the other stuff which is total bs i dont have money for all that i didnt see why she wouldnt be able to talk to me when i came in tomorrow it made no sense she makes me feel like its all about the money for her
Unread 12-08-2009, 03:50 PM

The night sweats sound like your hormones are off. I don't know your age but it could be something like peri-menopuse? I had the hot flashes & night sweats but that was only for 3 months & then my ovaries woke up & I was fine. Best wishes that you find some answers.
Unread 12-08-2009, 04:18 PM

I still have my ovaries and I brought that same thing up with my Dr. on the 6 wk visit. She said yes that is what I'm feeling. Hope this helps.
Unread 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM

I had one of my ovaries removed and I still experience the same symptoms around the time of my cycle. This month I experienced "sympathy" cramps when I daughter got her first period. ;-)
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:27 AM

I only kept one ovary, but can def feel when I ovulate. Kinda crampy for that day, no biggy, considering how things were before the surgery.
About the appt, and you having to make another appt...I agree..bs...and about money..I would still bring it up and see if she cuts you off.
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:32 AM

thanks i appreciate your help with everything this site i love it helped me thru a lot i am 39 about to be 40 in jan so i just want to understand what is going on and it feels like no one wants to tell me ya know but i really appreciate all you guys help it has been a year since my hysterectomy and i cant really explain it but i feel off some how ya know my drive has flown the coup my poor husband is like um did u forget i was here or something i just dont feel a need for it and i dont understand whats happening

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register