Cleared at 15 days post hysterectomy and oh my the exhaustion! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cleared at 15 days post hysterectomy and oh my the exhaustion! Cleared at 15 days post hysterectomy and oh my the exhaustion!

Unread 07-31-2014, 01:12 AM
Cleared at 15 days post hysterectomy and oh my the exhaustion!

Today is 15 days post op (laparoscopic) and I had my
Post op with the dr. He said I am cleared for all activities including sex whenever I feel up to it. I wanted to laugh because I feel run over by a truck right now..... My daughter weighs 31 lbs and as much as I miss picking her up their is no way I can pick her up yet.

Also, is this amazing exhaustion going to stay around for long? I walked from the parking lot to the dr office which was a good ways.... And my DH had to catch me as my knees started to buckle from being so tired!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2014, 03:11 AM
Re: Cleared at 15 days post hysterectomy and oh my the exhaustion!

I can't believe your doctor cleared you after 15 days. At that period I could hardly roll out of bed without pain. Don't do anything drastic. You can't do everything yet.
Unread 07-31-2014, 04:10 AM

I felt horrible up until weeks 5-6. it should get better. At day 15 I can't believe why any doctor would clear you lol but I'm sure you will use discretion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2014, 06:36 AM

I can't believe you got cleared that soon. But just make sure you get alot of rest and try not to do things so soon. Listen to your body. If you see yourself hurting just stop and rest. That is the key word rest. Hope you have a speedy recovery Amo3. Take care!
Unread 07-31-2014, 07:56 AM

I am 13 days post op (laparoscopic as well) and was given the okay for walking and then jogging and light weights by Monday. I also go back to work Monday. I'm definitely not looking forward to it.
Unread 07-31-2014, 08:08 AM

Take things slow don't over do it. Start by walking slowly if you see you start hurting rest. Take your time don't push it. Hope you have a safe and speedy recovery mlake2222
Unread 07-31-2014, 12:38 PM

I had laparoscopic as well and I was told absolutely nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks. I was told that was standard. Did you keep your cervix? Im wondering if that would be the difference? I am still on restrictions after silver nitrate application last week and was told all my stitches are still present... at 15 days I was still in discomfort and there would have been no way I was up to doing much. Listen to your body. Don't feel because you've been released you should be able to do everything at this stage.

hugs,
Unread 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookgal1 View Post
I had laparoscopic as well and I was told absolutely nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks. I was told that was standard. Did you keep your cervix? Im wondering
if that would be the difference? I am
still on restrictions after silver nitrate application last week and was told all my stitches are still present... at 15 days
I was still in discomfort and there would
have been no way I was up to doing much. Listen to your body. Don't feel because you've been released you should be able to do everything at this
stage.

hugs,
Yes.... There is no way heavy lifting or sex is happening for awhile I am still having spotting and pain and tired and blah feeling overall.... Yes I kept my cervix. Hugs back!
Unread 07-31-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangieo View Post
Take things slow don't over do it. Start by walking slowly if you see you start hurting rest. Take your time don't push it. Hope you have a safe and speedy recovery mlake2222

Thank you. Yes I'm nervous because my husband took off the first week and my mom has been here since he went back to work but leaves Saturday so in nervous taking care of my 3 year old by myself.... May have to have a chat with the MIL to see of she could help out some....
Unread 07-31-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlake2222 View Post
I am 13 days post op (laparoscopic as well) and was given the okay for walking and then jogging and light weights by Monday. I also go back to work Monday. I'm definitely not looking forward to it.
Oh goodness back to work already? I'm sorry!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register