in need of support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

in need of support in need of support

Unread 01-26-2005, 10:26 AM
in need of support

I have just found out that I need to have a hysterectomy. I am completely terrified. Back in 1972, when I was four yeard old, my mother had a hysterectomy and had horrendous complications. I know that the chances of going through what she went through are almost nonexistent, but the fear resides deep inside me. I have a very supportive husband and his family is wonderful, otherwise there would be no way I could go through with it. My doctor will be taking my ovaries as well because my mother, grandmother and great grandmother all have a history of the disease. Now I must make a decision about HRT. It is all very scarry for me and I am going to need a lot of help to get throuh this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 10:39 AM
in need of support

You have come to the right place. This site is full of supportive "hyster sisters." I can't help with your individual needs, but I'm willing to listen(read), as are the rest of the sisters. Please check out the articles and look at the posts. I hope this site can help you.
Unread 01-26-2005, 12:40 PM
in need of support

I too have a lot of fears because my mom had a hyst when I was a little girl! It is amazing how that stuff affects us...of course one of my questions is how do I keep it from affecting my 3, 5 and 7 year olds!

I think it is completely reasonable to freak out...I know I am! What I am doing to help that is trying to get everything lined up, including writing my will, figuring out a schedule for the kids, meals, etc...writing letters to my kids. I figure I'll prepare for the worst...and if I can't sleep at night because I'm afraid...I come here!

Good luck to you!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 01:21 PM
in need of support

Don't feel bad, I feel the same way, mine is in the beg of March and the only thing I do EVERYDAY OF EVERY HOUR is think about the worst, but let us all pray that everything will be O.K. for you me and the rest of the Sis. My main concern is not being able to come back from the anesthesia I think is a long near 4 hours of cirjury!! that is a lot. But everybody says the same, everything will be O.K. so do like I do, start trusting our Sis and PRAY A LOT.!!!.
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:25 PM
in need of support

I am in the same boat as all of you. I myself am very afraid of not waking up. My family has a history of hyst also. I just found out my grandmother had one very early, my mother had one due to cancer when I was about 14 and my aunt just had one in November for excessive bleeding. All in their late 30's and 40's, but me I'm only 31. I keep thinking why. Now I get worried about my daughter who is 12, hoping she will not have any of the same problems. Maybe it will skip her. I never thought about the will. This is a good idea considering the fear.

Morena
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:41 PM
in need of support

I was a nutcase when I had my DC & Lap because when my Mum had hers they perferated her bowel and she was in intensive care for 3 weeks and we got called in 3 times saying she wouldnt make it. I was very worried and scared having the lap and DC but funnilly enough I'm not as worried ( still worried of course) about the lap Hyst on 16/2 . I think all we can all do is try and stay positive and think of the good things this yukky op will bring us. Says me who is not sleeping and thinking about it every minute of the day. It was really good today I called in to my GF who is a nurse and didnt mention my Op once so obviously this site is helping me. I have been worried sick that all my friends will be so bored with my continual talk about the op.
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:36 PM
in need of support

Hi all...janey, you echoed my thoughts about being afraid your friends will be bored with all your "hyst talk"... I've felt pretty isolated from my friends, cuz they just can't relate.

Wierdly enough, I'm afraid of being isolated from my friends, since I won't be too much fun for awhile. I guess I'll see who the "real friends" are when it comes down to it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register