Still in hosp, feeling fine, 0n lap top!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still in hosp,  feeling fine, 0n lap top!!!! Still in hosp, feeling fine, 0n lap top!!!!

Unread 07-19-2002, 07:05 PM
Still in hosp, feeling fine, 0n lap top!!!!

Hiya girls......

Yes the nurses and my gyno doc are in awe at my speedy recovery. My surgery was yesterday morning at 8am, and I was done by 10. The doc ended up cutting me 2-4 inches above the navel because he found anohter fibroid cleqr up beyond my navel.
It was the size of a grapefruit. I think he ended up taking 4 fibroids in all and 2 enlarged ovaries, the size of potatoes. NO CANCER ANYWHERE!!! GIRLS WHO HAVE YET TO HAVE THIS SURGERY, LISTEN.......I HAD A LAPAROSCOPY THAT HURT MUCH WORSE THAN THIS!!!! I AM SERIOUS!!! My fears were unfounded, and he told me that my surgery was easy......no endometriosis either. The uterus was about the only thing that was of normal size in this whole thing!!!!

I have been walking the halls all day today trying to get this gas to start expelling, so far tonight onky 2 good "fluffs".....and I hurt because of that,,,,,,I feel bloated. They brought some Maalox to help with the gas. I got rid of my cath and my Morphine IV this morning and was going potty on my own within an hour. I was thrilled. My blood oxygen levels were a hair low however and they had me on a oxygen canula till this afternoon.....till my blood gasses got up to 92 when I walked the halls. (they were down around 82 for a while)

I am wearing a estrogen patch on my hip....doc is going to start me on 1.25 mg Premarin probably tomorrow. I got to take a shower too.....LOVELY SHOWER!!!!! The doc wants my incision left out in the opn to drain, no plastic on it when I shower. I have staples too.

I am glad to be feeling well enought to be online IN the hospital and I think it may have been all your good thoughts!!! I am glad to be on the other side now....mending. Now......how do I make this painful gas escape??? LOL!!!! Hugs to all my sisters!!!!!
Time to start posting on the "post" side!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Hi Keely,

I'm so glad you are doing so well!! See, we told you the waiting would be the hardest part!

Now about the . I know this sounds impossible to do, but if you'll lie on your tummy with your rear end up in the air and your knees pulled under you, it will help move things along a bit. Other ideas are a heating pad for the tummy, walking, and the wonderful old stand-by - Gas-X.

Let us know when you get home. And be a good and get some rest.

Lots of s and prayers,

Lisa
Unread 07-19-2002, 07:34 PM

Yay! Good for you! Isn't it a relief to be on the other side? Now take care and don't overdo it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2002, 09:46 PM

That is great. Sounds like you are well on your way.
Unread 07-19-2002, 10:35 PM

Shashi......

Believe it or not, I think I am going to do what you suggested. Ihave about 6 or 7 good "fluffs" and ladies I am here to tell you that today the GAS is the worst part of this!!! Getting rid of the gas is your prime concern because it is very uncomfy.

Running a little fever tonight...(100.9) but doc seems to think this is hormonal. My skin feels hot and I do have a patch on. The Premarin starts tomorrow. Gads, I hope he allows me to go home tomorrow (Saturday).

I don't think I mentioned, but my incision is 12--15 inches. Yes, alot bigger than normal, but that was because of the size of the fibroids. He had to cut more after he saw the one up higher in my abdominal area. Asked how long he thinks I had these tumors???? he said YEARS!!! Interesting huh????? But no endometriosis....go figure!!!

I think I will put my backside high in the air and get rid of the gas that way......I guess we don't care if a nurse walks in and finds my big white hiney in the air huh?? LOL!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register