In so much pain!!! Can't wait for surgery!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In so much pain!!! Can't wait for surgery!! In so much pain!!! Can't wait for surgery!!

Unread 10-11-2003, 07:57 PM
In so much pain!!! Can't wait for surgery!!

I am having surgery on Tuesday, October 14, 2003. I have had all Pre op appointments....now I am just waiting. I really am in a lot of pain here!! I would not wish this on my worst enemy! Never in my life have I had pain like this, the pain is so severe that my muscles are tense, it has been more aggressive (the pain); thusly i hurt all over, my legs, upper and lower torso, chest (including breasts), arms, neck and head. I am extremely nauseated along with the pain! Heating pads, long hot bat soaks, nothing is working!!
Does anyone have any suggestions???
I am loosing sleep and would like some advice. Maybe I have overlooked something or one of you wonderful ladies have experienced what I am going through......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2003, 08:28 PM

hi Ray

sorry to hear that you are in such pain, Has you Dr. not prescribed any pain meds?? Have you told him how much pain you are in and need relief NOW!!! I have been taking meds (2-3) for bad crampos and stronger ones for nite time... (last much longer) and I haven't had nearly as much pain as you have. Please call dr ASAp and ask for Relief....:-(

I am scheduled to have my surg on Oct 20th.... only (9) days left and counting !! Good Luck w/ everything !

Boomer
Unread 10-11-2003, 09:29 PM

Dear Ray,

I am also having my surgery on October 14th, we are truly sisters! Listen, I have those pain most of the time..but, mine are from RA and endo so severe that it has creeped into some organs..however, I wonder, if you are having some stress related tension..It can add up..it can, and your whole body can suffer.

If the pain is that severe, you should call the doc..take care, and know that this time next week, we will both be home being treated like the royalty we are!!!

love,
Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2003, 09:42 PM

I've been in horrendous pain the last couple months as well, and I think last month finally did me in and I called the doctor to get some real pain killers. I agree with the other ladies -- I'd call the doctor and ask for some relief. Even though your surgery is only a couple days away, that time will really drag on if you're hurting that badly!

Best wishes for a successful end to the pain, and an uneventful surgery and recovery!

Kim
Unread 10-11-2003, 10:05 PM

Even though it is going to be Sunday someone should be taking call for your doc. Call and get an rx called into the closest all night pharmacy you have in your area-have the phone number ready to give them

Call

now

Because this kinds of pain is so debilitating and you do not need to be totally worn out by Tuesday; you don't need to go into surgery exhausted, you need that energy to fight back from the surgery, to get well!!!

So

what are you waiting for?

Call the doctor and gert something called in for your-it doesn't matter if you are fuZzy headed- it matters that you can rest.....

Hurry up Ray-

and let us know what happens

's and 's

Dilu

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register