Scheduled dVH/RALH 12 days left | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-27-2010, 01:55 PM
12 days left

I have 12 days left till surgery this is what I have done so far with the help of u ladies.
1. went shopping for food for pre op and post op which I bought some soups rice oatmeal applesauce and Popsicles
also a case of water
2 went shopping for clothes to come home in. I was informed that I should get something like a sun dress and so I bought 3
3.I made my room as surgery friendly as possible by putting a chair next to the bed I also I have am going to have my pain meds in my night stand I have split the cable into my room
I am also planning to clean house top to bottom and do carpet and all and downloding music on my mp3 player for the hospital.
am I missing anything is there anything that I should buy get or change I need feedback
Tamika
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Re: 12 days left

Hi! If you have 12 days left ... that means I have 15 - YIKES! I painted our front door today. I didn't want to (very hot here in mid-NC) but DH slapped some primer on it so I didn't have a choice. Yesterday I went to Target and found some t-shirts (men's section had nice ones that were cheaper than women's section) and a HUGE box of pads. I sorta thumbed my nose at the tampon section!! I need to get the water and popsicles still -- and ice (our ice-maker quit and I'm too stubborn to call and pay $$ to get it fixed). I hope the time passes quickly for you!! You sound like you are way ahead of the game. Take care!
Unread 06-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Re: 12 days left

Your list is petty good.
I also have lemon candy for sore throat - a definite must for me from past surgery experiences. I also bought a bunch of flamingo decorations to perk up my room. Those silly pink guys just cheer me up.
I bought one of those whirly-gigs that spin when you blow on them. Get bored using the breathing thing at the hosp. So I'll use it to breathe deeply in and out.
Have an electronic cooler to place next to the bed. DH had it from his truck driving days. It works great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register