Surg in 8 days, feel a cold coming on... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surg in 8 days, feel a cold coming on... Surg in 8 days, feel a cold coming on...

Unread 01-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Surg in 8 days, feel a cold coming on...

Help, I'm scheduled for TAH BSO on the 16th and I woke up this morning with a sore throat. I'm taking Zycam and Airborne (both homeopathic) to try to ward this off. I'm just about depressed about this. I don't want to miss by surgery. DH has taken those two weeks after surgery off and I've got my mother and his mother lined up to help me with the kids. And this date works out very well with my job (I'm a tax accountant and think I can still get back to work during the busy season). Any thoughts on what to do? I'm freaking out and mad that I'm getting sick!!

lb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 10:42 AM

I know just what you feel like My surgery is the 20 I am thinking maybe I would be over the cold if I had it now. I am taking zicam also. I think it is the coughing we have to worry about. I have a sub lined up for my job. But if they can't do the operation then they can't do it. We just go with the flow. That part is out of our hands. Try not to worry
Unread 01-08-2006, 11:12 AM

Ladies, you may want to contact your drs on Monday and see what they want you to do. If you are running a fever and or congested you will probably have to reschedule. Luckily you have time to nip it in the bud! Also let your dr know what you are currently taking. Their shouldn't be a problem, but some drugs (even OTC) need to be stopped so many days before surgery. Rest and take care your you! s Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 12:58 PM

The Zycam really stopped my husband's cold in its tracks and his immune system has almost shut down. The kids had bad colds and my daughter got rid of her bad cold in less than 3 days by using the Zycam and avoided the cough. I felt like I was coming down with one at the same time and started using it and Vitamin C. I was surprised at the results as this past month was the first time we had tried it. I would say if you don't start feeling better by tomorrow you should call his office and see what he wants you to do or not do. It sounds like you are doing everything you can to avoid it becoming worse. I'll keep you in my prayers that things go as scheduled.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register