Lupron? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-09-2001, 09:57 AM
Tried Lupron

Tried lupron for a year. Worked great for about 10 months and then I was back to square one with endo,cysts,polyps and fibroids. Will have LAVH on Oct 5. Unfortunately I have no choice.
Hang in there. Penny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2001, 10:51 AM
Lupron?

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I saw the Dr. a week ago last Monday and was supposed to go back in a month for an ultrasound. By Thurs. I was calling back begging not to have to wait another month. They had me come in Tues. morning. Started out by drinking my 32 oz. of water which was not too fun given the bladder problems I've been experiencing only to have them do a vaginal ultrasound because the other did'nt give them the pictures they wanted. I told the Dr. I would just soon get the lap scheduled because it is inevitable anyway. I've already consulted w/ my family Dr. one of his associates, another gyn. and the urologist. So I'm not seeing where another opinion is going to make any difference. I received a call Fri. and I'm scheduled for surgery this Fri. already. My pre-op is set up for tomorrow. It was either that or late Oct. I guess I got lucky and they had a cancellation. Thank goodness I only have to worry for a week! Dr. said she may take the right ovary while she is in there because it shows a possible old ruptered cyst or some other type of calcifiation. I think that once the lap is done and I know for sure what is really going on in there it will be alot easier to know what the next best move for me will be. Wish me luck!
Unread 09-09-2001, 01:26 PM
Lupron?

Wow! Kelleen,

Congratulations! Earlier surgery means less suffering for you.

That happened to me, too, when I had an ultrasound. Although from looking at those fuzzy monitor pictures while they were doing it, I don't know how they could tell a fibroid from a fiddle!

I'm rooting for you!

viola
Unread 09-10-2001, 06:04 PM
lupron

I am very anemic and have been told that a hysterectomy is needed because it has been several years and my hemoglobin is still low. In order to have the surgery i needed to get my hemotacrit up. i was given lupron to help with that. it was the 3 months shot. I now cannot have the surgery until Thanksgiving so my dr. wanted me to take another shot. I decided not to since I had such bad hot flashes day and night. i have not had a period yet, so I am hoping that it holds off so I won't be so anemic again in Nov. I just did not want to take it. I am not sure if I should try the balloon surgery first anyway. i do not have fibroids or an enlarged uterus. i just have very heavy periods and have a hemoglobin of 9 and my hemotacrit was 26.
Unread 09-14-2001, 01:59 PM
doctor's answers to some lupron questions

Hi girls,

I had my fourth lupron shot today and got some answers from my doc I thought I'd share with you. I was having joint stiffness and was afraid to take the fourth shot, hence the questions.

- He said joint stiffness is not one of the side effects of lupron

- If you take it for 6 months or less, bone loss is minimal

- If you keep your ovaries, the bone loss reverses (gets better) after you stop taking the drug

viola
Unread 09-17-2001, 02:46 PM
Lupron?

I was on Lupron for endo also. My dr. could have done another lap and removed more endo but I didn't want that. The pain always came back right away after the laps. I tried Lupron to see if it would help. The first week was h***. I was in a lot of pain, but that is common. Then the second week I bled for 7 days. Then things got better. I was pain free and was feeling better. I took Estroven (herbal) for the menopause symptoms, it worked well for me and that is all I take now. Just as the month of Lupron wore off I would start getting the pain back. I did get headaches and joint pain, but that all went away after the hyst. It was better than the endo pain by far. I didn't get marked bone loss either. I am glad I tried the Lupron, it pretty much told me that a hyst would help me. That was my deciding point to go through with the surgery. Do some research and be informed and talk to your dr. about it. Good luck to you. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register